Ch.41 - Choice of death

Izuku has so many twists and turns in his path. So many bumps and walls that lead him astray. He's so lost. At first, like anyone else, his dream was to be a hero that saved people. Then he had doubts about everything and wanted to just not exist. Once targeted for not being fit to be a hero again, he was turned into a sort of vigilante. And now, he's a villain.

Funny how one can change so many times and yet still not get it right. Maybe, there is no right change. Maybe Izuku was right and he shouldn't have existed. But since he's here now, since he has so many labels, since he doesn't know what he wants, he's going for the easier choice. 

The choice of death.

Though that always was his wish. But this time he has a plan.

"Don't target innocent bystanders but make yourselves seem like a threat to draw in the heroes. Possibly even the attention of the government and commission."

A plan where those who deserve to die will and those who want to die will have their wish granted. 

"The heroes think we're here to rule the world for ourselves. They're right. But my goal is to clear out those who think they're in control."

A goal that he'll reach no matter who gets in his way.

"The final battle. Where everyone at the top falls and everyone at the bottom convinces those in the middle that there can be a truce. There will be an end where if you die, it will be seen as only a passing and not as a loss or gain."

A dream he's finally making come true.

"We'll leave a leveled field that will be our new beginning. We take back the world and we make sure there are no mistakes left."

"And what do we or even the heroes get out of this?"

Izuku turned to Shigaraki. 

"You will get your war of course. You will finally let out all your frustrations and level each other out. Isn't that what this is all about?"

Hawks rose a brow.

"You're insinuating that an all-time war is a petty rivalry and they should just what? Duke it out and that's it?"

"That's one way to put it."

Dabi laughs.

"Midoriya, we're talking about lives that were taken, from both sides! And haven't you noticed  that the commission as well as AOF are a bit too powerful?"

Izuku stared for a moment. He had an answer, he just didn't want to out anyone of their reasons for being here. Or maybe... No. It wouldn't work out.

"Yes, lives were taken, but only because of this rivalry in the first place. As for the commission and AFO, they will be too focused on taking each other out that they won't even notice that those from their own sides are working for an even bigger plan."

Hawks frowned.

"Izuku, the commission is already seeing you as a threat, if they catch even a word of this, you'll be revealed as a threat to all Heroes, Villains, and civilians alike. You'll have a target painted on your back. Those around you will have a target on their back."

"I won't let that happen."

"How? How are you going to keep everyone safe? How are you going to make sure that this is a foolproof plan?"

There was a tense silence. 

"Hm. What if caring too much about the how is why everyone has failed in fulfilling this?" 

Izuku paused to consider the winged hero.

"The plan here is to continue with the war and set the playing field for the actual enemy. And everyone will be safe as long as they play along. You are one of the few wild cards that could possibly screw all this up, so, you tell me Hawks. How are you going to keep everyone safe?"