Chapter 28: stopping the knightmare

"This is it you two! This is where the last dark moon piece is!" E gadd said rather excitedly, "there's only one area for it to be! The parascope can't find it anywhere else..."

"What about king boo?" Luigi mumbled, I just kept silent and E gadd cleared his throat. "He's got to be inside that portal waiting, he must be furious that you two took down all those ghosts, and as for Mario...he must be in there with him!"

I then balled my left hand and smacked it against my right, "then the kings goes down today!" E gadd chuckled but then the mood became somber. "Also just so you know- if you don't ever come back...just know that I'm very proud of you both, very proud..."

Luigi nodded his head in sadness and I pulled e gadd into a hug, "we hope to see you on the other side..." he gave us one final good luck before sending us away.

As soon as we were transported to the terrace the paranormal portal glowed and pulled us in, Luigi immediately tried to grab the ground to keep himself in the real world. "Luigi we have to let it take us! We need that final piece!"

He nodded, clearly wetting himself in fear but alas he let go and let the portal consume him, and then I did the same. We were then thrown on top of each other. "Oh sorry Luigi!" I yelped, he just chuckled but groaned from his landing. "It's quite alright, don't worry..."

I quickly got of him, allowing him to stand up and brush himself off. Then I looked around, there were many armour stands inside of this wide room, better more there were also rugs in the ground. "There it is, Luigi!" He stared at the middle knight, it was holding the final piece.

We both rushed towards it and just as Luigi was about to grab it, the possessor tried to bite his hand, which Luigi retreated back quick enough, and absorbed the dark moon piece. He then stared down at us threateningly.

He then spilt himself into two and possessed the two suits of armour that stood beside the middle knight. Then they both approached us.

As both knights were ready to strike we dodged and got them onto a carpet, I quickly pulled the carpet out from underneath them and they both broke and the possessor became one.

Luigi quickly stunned him and pulled off the white coating. When he became orange he split into three this time and possessed the middle armour and two standing near the walls. The three knights all approach and tried to bash us but yet again we made them slip from the carpets, after two tries because they were annoying, and pulled the possessors orange coat off.

Suddenly he split into four and flew out of the area, "what the-?" Before I could question anything the whole room shook and standing in front of us was a large knight. Hearing him laugh outside...

"Y/n look out!" The knight sliced open the roof and stepped into the room, Luigi pulled me out of way before I could get crushed.

~•Luigi's PoV•~
Y/N's eyes then flowed purple, "y/n?" She just turned towards me, "I'll distract it, you pull those rugs from underneath it!"

She turned into her large black cat form and leaped at the knight, wow she has really gone feral...

I tried to dodge the sword and falling residue of the roof as y/n clawed at the knight fiercely, her claws made deep claw marks into the metal, an orange glow coming out of the wounds. she then went underneath the knight's left leg, causing it to stomp, she barely dodged and I watched as she floated towards the knight's other leg, but her side was caught by the sword. Causing her to collapse on the ground, the knight then kicked her aside, and stared at me.

Oh god...I was next... I dodged his sword swing and y/n pulled herself up, which caused the knight to try and crush her with his other foot, only for it to land on one of the carpets.

"N-now Luigi!" The cat screeched. I pulled out the carpet under the right leg, causing the knight to stumble and balance on the other leg. Y/n then rushed and pulled the other carpet with her jaws. Then the knight fell onto the ground and the sword almost fell on y/n, however she limped out of the way and fell to the ground.

Once the four possessors came back as one I tried to flash him as fast as I could but he put up his shield and charged at me, small sparks of lightning following him. As he hit his head into the wall I used the strobulb, flashed and took him out, breaking the last dark moon piece from its prison.

I carefully grabbed it and smiled to myself, y/n... you'll be safe. Then I hear the ringtone and answer the ds. "You did it, you actually did it! The final dark moon piece!" E gadd cheered happily. "Alright I'll try and bring you two out of that horrible illusion!"

Y/n has returned to normal and slowly dragged herself over to me, she held her side in pain. "A-are you alright y/n?"

"Y-yeah I'll be fine, it's just a scratch..." I then noticed a liquid soaking out from underneath her hands but before I could say anything we were pulled out of the dimension.

~• E Gadd's PoV•~

There coming back! Yes! I knew I could do it, I mean my brilliant inventions can do anything! I was then typing onto my computer when I heard something drop onto the floor.

"You did it-!" I turned around and to my horror, only the dark moon piece was there, "oh no...oh no, no, no, no!"

But how? Surely someone must of corrupted the pixelator! Then the sudden realisation hit me...

"King boo!"