Chapter 9: graveyard shift

"I'm ready to go! Let's get inside that tree already!"

"Really weird when you say it like that Y/n..." Luigi huffed I giggled as I stud in front of E Gadd, ready to get that dark moon piece.

"I'll be making that potion again whilst your out, and hopefully you can get the next piece," E Gadd said as he prepared the pixelator, "also take the veins and this wrench to fix the gate." We were then sent away.

Once we arrived at the entrance, Luigi looked up in fear at the fly trap that stared down at us, it's mouth drooling. "W-what are we going to do about that thing Y/N...?" Turning my head towards Luigi, I raised a brow before staring back at the plant and setting it on fire with my purple flames. It's agonising cries echoed before nothing but ash remains. "...that was pretty metal..."

"Well it worked didn't it? Come on, let's fix the pinwheel gate." I said before opening the gates, "oh no..."

Luigi looked concerned as he saw a greenie instructing a slammer to pull out the last vein that was left behind. As the slammer tried to pull it out, Luigi sneezed, causing the greenie to flee. "Bless you..." I whispered.

"Thank you, let's get that slammer before he takes that vein." As Luigi said that, the slammer turned around and growled at us, another two brutes came out of the ground with plant pots on their heads.

I flashed the middle and left on and caught them at the same time, Whilst Luigi sucked up the right one, and then the greenie that came back.

"Now we can fix that gate!" I sighed in relief as we walked to the gate, Luigi put the veins were they belonged and I used the wrench to tighten them in place.

Luigi smiled happily, "great job to the both of us!" I looked back at him and gave him a smile in return. "Now let's get inside that tree!"

I used the poltergust to make the pinwheel spin fast enough to op n the gate, and finally we can go into the tree and get that dark moon piece.

Once inside the hollow tree, I looked up at the set of stairs we would have to go up, "which way?"

I looked at Luigi as he shrugged, "maybe we should go left?" As we almost made it to the top of the left staircase a slammer jump scared us and the stairs disappeared and we slid down to the bottom. I quickly caught the slammer as we then went right.

For the next two sets of stairs we went right and luckily had no encounters. "We're finally at the top! Let's get the dark moon piece!"

However as I walked to the large entrance, it quickly shut its self with a large door with eyes and teeth and blocked us off, a loud laughter echoed through the tree.

"Great...now what?" Luigi mumbled, clearly irritated. E Gadd then started to call.

Luigi answered, "Crimminy! We're did that creepy door come from? That's our only way to the treetop!"

I looked at the nose of the face that was carved onto the door, "it's nose looks like a keyhole...I'm guessing we need a key?"

"Yes that's right Y/n, in the haunted towers records it's says something about a special key, but it's hidden inside the crypt."