Chapter 7: a job for a plumber

"Where am I?" I looked around and saw stone walls, the all too familiar spider web was at the end, the pillars were on the ground, cracked and bruised. That's when many, many red spiders came out of the small holes in the walls, floor and ceiling.

I quickly backed away in a panic, as they all approached and crawled there way on to me, making my skin itch. Swatting them away I saw the egg sack. I can just burn them right? But as I approached the large web, she came down knocking me off my feet and glared at me with her emerald eyes.

Fear shook through me as her thin hairy legs rose and slammed down onto the ground and into my leg again, I let out a screech in pain as the blood oozed out, the spiders then came closer and I couldn't move.

I quickly lifted my head in a panic, looking around seeing I was still in the bunker, lying on top of Luigi. He was quietly snoring. "It's just a dream...it's just a dream," I repeated to myself in a whisper.

E Gadd was hard at work and didn't hear me, thankfully, However Luigi started to stir. "Y/N? Are you alright?"

He must've seen the distress on my face as he looked at me with those calming blue eyes. I felt a little safe, "yeah, it was just a dream..."

"Do you want to talk about it?" He whispered, tilting his head a little to the right. I sighed and nodded, Luigi slowly pulled me back down, so I was lying on him again as we breathed in sync.

"It was about the injury I endured, in the fight with the spider Queen. I found myself back at the cellar and a lot of those red spiders appeared and approached as they climb on me, then the queen appeared and caused the hole in my leg...and then I passed out as the spiders I guess are me?"

Luigi played with my hair as he took in what I said, giving me a sympathetic smile, "don't worry, it's all in the past now..."

He gave me a soft kiss on the head, my cheeks heated up and I looked away, "how did I get so lucky?" Luigi chuckled at my words.

"You always say that..."

Just then E Gadd cleared his throat, "you two ready for this new mansion?" I nodded and sadly got off Luigi and walked over to E Gadd, grabbed my Poltergust and put it on. Luigi lifted himself off the sofa and did the same. "After using the parascope, it has located the next dark moon piece in these haunted towers. They've been abandoned for some time now, so they're teeming with exotic plants and ghosts!"

"Of course they are, why can't we have a mansion that doesn't have ghosts?" Luigi sighed, I rolled my eyes.

"The towers are in bad shape and the water system seems to be broken, too." E Gadd stated.

I raised a brow, a little confused, "but how does that stop us...?"  E Gadd then pulled down the screen, showing what he was talking about.

"You see...the haunted towers features a complex water system that powers all of the machinery," the scientist explained, Luigi hummed in response and I narrowed my eyes at the screen, "so first thing to do is check the hydro generator!"

E Gadd then marked the hydro generator on the map, Luigi looked at the Ds for 5 seconds then put it away. "Right you two, off you go!"

We were teleported to the entrance of the haunted towers, seeing the two large building with the gigantic tree in the middle, my eyes lit up with amazement. Luigi on the other hand look up at it in fear.