Chapter 6: spider queen

Well at least it isn't the attic, I looked over to Luigi. His legs were shaking and fear was clearly there.

"T-t-the cellar?" He stuttered and E Gadd chuckled and spun around in his chair.

"Yes the cellar!" E Gadd then turned towards me, "the signal is very strong, that must be where the dark moon piece is!"

I gave a small smile but I couldn't help feel sympathy for Luigi, sweat was dripping off his forehead. I gave him a light pat on the back and shot him a sympathetic smile.

"Oh yeah, I suggest you drink a bit of that potion I handed to you, Y/n." Hearing those words leave E Gadd's mouth, I carefully took it out and unscrewed the cork. I reluctantly put the opening to my lips and tilted the flask a little letting the purple liquid run down my throat.

I coughed a little as I put the cork back in, "that's very bitter..." E Gadd rolled his eyes.

"At least it will keep you strong!" He chirped, "before you go, take this elevator key!" He threw the key towards Luigi and the green plumber caught it despite how shaky he was. "Alright off you go!"

~~~
We landed in the lobby, and we were now face to face with the elevator. "Good luck to us..." I muttered quietly, Luigi hummed in response as he unlocked the elevator and pushed the button.

Once it opened we stepped in and hummed to the quiet tune as the elevator closed and started to descend. Suddenly, the elevator abruptly stopped. "What the hell?" I said as the light of the elevator flickered and Luigi was desperately pushing the down button of the elevator. After a few moments the elevator swiftly shot down and rattled, making me and Luigi loose balance and once it hit our destination we flew out and on the ground, on top of each other.

"S-sorry!" Luigi quickly got off and his cheeks were red as roses, I laughed it off as he helped me off the ground. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I mean my back and left arm is sore but I'll be good," I said quietly. "How are you though?"

Luigi grabbed onto his right arm and winced a little, "my arm is very sore." I pulled him into a hug to remove the soreness of his arm. He politely thanked me and we then walked down the unsettling wooden stairs.

Once we were at the bottom, we saw the huge stone corridor with an even bigger spider web at the end, not to mention the other webs scattered along the walls, "is this we're those spiders came from?" Luigi whispered.

"It must be...but look at the web." I pointed towards the middle seeing that there was a thick bundle of web hanging there.

"Maybe we should pull it..." was all Luigi said before he slowly walked towards it, I followed him carefully and watched as he grabbed the web with the poltergust and started to pull back.

Suddenly a large purple spider jump down, glaring at us with her glowing, intoxicating green eyes. Luigi stumbled back and before the queen could crush him with her large thin legs I pulled him out of the way and the two of us stared in fear as her eyes flashed and her legs hit the ground.

"Oh m-my...god..." I muttered quietly, the spider Queen closed her eyes, which gave me an idea. "Stay out of the way for me," I said, looking towards Luigi. He nodded and stayed close to the walls as he watch my idea.