Chapter 16: play catch

~•Y/n's PoV•~

I walked back into the main room with Luigi beside me, his hand in mine. As soon as I brought up e gadd seeing us Luigi became worried, as it could be rather embarrassing.

We made it back to the main  room and e gadd turned to us, "you two couldn't of done that in bed?"

Immediately Luigi turned beet red and I laughed it off, feeling my cheeks heat up, "you shouldn't say that!"

"Anyway," E Gadd stated, "I've been trying to locate that hour hand but the parascope has had trouble trying to locate it!"

Luigi sighed in disappointment, the embarrassed feeling we both shared quickly fading. "So have we lost it?"

"Not exactly, they're is some small paranormal signals in the courtyard so let's start there!"

We were sent to the outside area of the clockworks, the cold breeze had settled down and it had actually warmed up a little.

Luigi tapped my shoulder to get my attention and I looked over to where he was looking, three greenies were playing catch, squinting my eyes I realised it was the hour hand.

I also noticed the polterpup watching intently, as the hour hand was in the air he jumped for it and swallowed it up. Luigi sighed as the dog went into the building and the greenies chased after him, clearly unhappy with what he did.

"Well, I guess we're stuck chasing after that mut..." Luigi mumbled, I gave a small nod and gave into chase. "Should I keep track of him and you follow our paw prints?"

~•Luigi's PoV•~

Was she serious? I know I don't want her to leave my side yet again, y/n is getting weaker with every mission and the serum isn't helping as much.

Yet again I don't really have a choice, she's going to do it either way. "Umm, yeah I think you should..." I lied. She seems to buy it as she transformed and ran off. I followed after her.

In the warehouse two of the greenies immediately fled the room, I flash the one that didn't take notice and tried to capture it, only to see that it had a green shield.

Y/n then appeared, "Luigi you know how the poltergust suction changes colour? Wait until it goes green, then try!"

I did as I was told, and the shield broke, leaving the greenie vulnerable and an easy catch. "Thanks y/n, I owe you one."

"Don't sweat it!" She smiled, I gave her a few head pats as thanks, "the polterpup went this way, follow me!" I nodded and followed my girlfriend into the workshop, found the dog hiding in a furnace...and it escaped after it knocked me to the floor and licked my face.

Y/n then followed it up into the upper floors with a greenie. I let out a sigh of disappointment as I left the workshop and made my way up the stairs in the cargo room. Once I was on the bridge above the gate y/n fazed through the door on the other side. "Did you find him?" I called out, she gave a small nod and I entered the drafting office.

The dog escapes once again and Y/n shows me a door that leads back to the warehouse, behind the moveable wall. Another greenie shows up, this time with a blue shield, and I take it out. And follow the paw prints to the roundhouse.

When I enter the room I see y/n sat beside the polterpup, he was trying to play with her, whilst Y/n looked irritated. She saw me but didn't make a move, I stared at the beam poles and slowly shuffled across them.

As soon as the polterpup was in my reach, a greenie scared him, and y/n away and into the transportation hall.

"Are you alright y/n?" I questioned as the purple cat laid down, fur bristled and tail lashing. "I-I'm fine, the polterpup went into the finishing room with that greenie..." I nodded and went to the west room, the polterpup was running around the room, and eventually got away, but the greenie was disposed of.

I followed the polterpup in and out of the Containment yard, and there he was, oblivious that I was right behind him. I slowly made my closer, my shoes making little to no sound on the wooden floor.

Y/n moved out of the way and into a corner, I then took my chances and flashed the ghost dog, y/n then transformed back and helped with the capture. Finally, we have gotten the hour hand!

~•Y/N's PoV•~
Back at the lab, me and Luigi had lost the polterpup...again, however we did get the hour hand, which was the most important thing at the moment. "Good job you two, now I know the polterpup got away again but I've already found out where the rotor is."

"That's great!" I chirped, "but where exactly?"

E Gadd chuckled, "I'll tell you two youngsters once you are ready for the mission, from the looks of it the two of you could use a little rest."

We both nodded and left e Gadd to do more work, which was tightening the containment unit of the poltergust even more.

Kinda rushed this one but oh well, the mission isn't that long to begin with, in my opinion.