Chapter 30: under the dark moon

~•Luigi's PoV•~
I opened my eyes and saw that I was back in the treacherous mansion, y/n was lay on the ground. "Mario!" I ran towards his painting in horror, I called his name but he was stuck motionless...

E Gadd then pixilated himself here, I quickly turned towards him in a panic, "younger, why don't you free him, you have that dark light for a reason." I silently nodded and used the special light on the painting, sure enough my brother came out and brought me into a hug and then a long hand shake. "You save me, Luigi! Your number one!"

"Thanks bro!" I smiled, but it didn't last long as  E Gadd walked up to y/n, fear was written all over his face. "She's dead..."

"W-what?" Mario stared at him in worry and rushed towards my girlfriend and checked for a pulse. I stud there frozen, this was king boo's fault...he pushed her body on purpose, he wanted her to die. How sick and twisted could one be?

"He's right brother," Mario mumbled. He and e gadd stepped away and lowered their heads, I just bursted into tears, just then toads came through with the dark moon pieces.

"We're here-!" They all immediately stopped in there tracks, trying not to drop the pieces they held and trying to keep their composure. But sure enough, they carefully placed each piece down on the ground and waddled up to the lifeless body of y/n and started bawling and hugging themselves close to her (😭)

It was just so heartbreaking...eventually Mario even broke down and cried into my shoulder, "she was like a sister to me...she was someone I protected and saved from that king boo!" My brother kept on rambling on about Y/n helping him in some adventures and caring for peach and heck we were a trio that saved peach from anything! "I'm gonna kill that stupid-!"

"Hey, hey, bro calm down...he's captured anyway, plus he can't really be killed..." e gadd had stayed silent through this whole thing, but he was definitely trying not to break. "What would everyone think?"

"She was friends with, well, everyone. Even bowser! They are really friendly towards each other..." Mario mumbled, it was clear he didn't want to break the news to him.

E Gadd then cleared his throat, "umm I'm sorry to seem rude...but that dark moon has to be back in the sky..." the toads finally left y/n and picked the pieces back up, then red toad handed me one of them.

I heavily sighed and the six of us stud in a circle, the dark moon pieces started to glow and react with each other...but nothing was happening, why?

Just then y/n shifted. Mario was about to lift her up, "no bro stop!" I yelled, he stopped in his tracks confused, "let her be..."

The toads kept themselves in place whilst Mario was pulled aside by e gadd. Y/N's eyes shot open and they were glowing purple. She then stood up and the dark moon pieces started to lift themselves and spin around her.

A howl of some sorts then erupted and y/n had transformed into her large cat form, all six pieces floated around her large fluffy neck.

Then she ran off the edge of the terrace and floated into the sky where the the dark moon repaired itself and returned in its place in the sky. A burst of mist came off it and surrounded the valley.

Y/n then leaped back onto the terrace and smiled, her eyes looking down at us softly. "Y-your a-a-alive...?!" Was all I managed to get out as I was pinned to the ground and nuzzled by my lovely girlfriend. The toads then all jumped on her and gave the cat a group hug. "Thank you guys, for keeping my pieces safe..."

Mario then patted her head awkwardly and she just purred in amusement. She then changed back and gave Mario a tight hug, before giving e gadd one, and also releasing the ghosts in the process.

All of the ghosts flied around happily, and peacefully, one of the possessor's was playing with the toads. Mario was picked up by one of the hammers and e gadd was being thrown into the air by three greenies.

I raised a brow at her and smirked, her gaze landed on me and she rolled her eyes playfully, "alright, alright, come here my lovable dork!" She embraced me into a hug and we both shared a passionate kiss under the dark moon.

We also adopted the polterpup because even though it gave us so much trouble...we can't deny that he's so cute!

~~~
"So, I heard your very good friends with bowser?" I questioned as I chucked my dirty overalls in the wash and changed into comfortable pj's, y/n was also doing the same. "Who told you that?"

"Mario."

"Ah, of course he did!" She chuckled as she climbed into bed, I joined her under the covers and we cuddled up to one another. "We're alright friends when it comes to tennis, golf, kart racing, Olympics...which reminds me, how are you able to be in a rivalry with shadow the hedgehog?"

I just shrugged, "then again, he's proper nervous when talking to you and your great friends!" She was about to protest but just shrugged.

"And we can't forget our friends in the smash tournaments, knowing others which aren't in the same world as you are is...rather strange yet exciting!" Y/n giggled, I chuckled in response and then the room went into a comfortable silence.

"Love you, Y/n," I blurted out, my face went red once I said that and y/n just laughed before giving me a kiss of the cheek. "I love you too!"

Just as we were about to drift away into a nice relaxing sleep the polterpup jumped onto the bed and licked our faces before setting himself above us, laying on our pillows. "And we love you too, polterpup!"

(Bonus chapters soon to come)