Chapter 8: pinwheel gate

~Luigi's PoV~

I couldn't stop thinking about Y/N, she's missing and its all my fault. I'm the one who caused her to become angry, and I need to apologise to her immediately. Sighing, I walked towards E Gadd, "are we ready for the next mission?"

E Gadd gave me a sympathetic smile, "I know you want to find Y/N quickly, so I guess we could. I've finished searching with the parascope anyway."

"What did you find?" I asked with hope in my eyes, E Gadd chuckled a little.

"Remember that gigantic tree? The dark moon piece seems to be up there somewhere!" E Gadd said as he began typing on that keyboard of his, "the hard part is actually getting there..."

"Did you find Y/N anywhere in the mansion?" I reluctantly asked, E Gadd's head turned towards me, his face unclear to read because of those large glasses.

"The parascope was having trouble as it was detecting dark moon energy in two places, so Y/N's still in these towers but she keeps on moving..." After E Gadd looked back at his monitors and typed some more, he gave me some info on getting in, "you'll have to cross the newly raised bride to explore the hollow tree and find a way up!"

I nodded and gave him a thumbs up as he began to prepare the pixelator, "good luck, by boy!"

Once back at the overgrown towers, I landed on the ground with my foot in a bucket. Great. But I swiftly got it off and headed through the gates and into the courtyard. And what I saw was unsettling.

A test tube was laid in the grass, broken, and purple liquid was in small patches on the ground, painting the grass, "oh no...this is Y/N's special potion..."

Looking around I quickly went over to the bride so I could open the pinwheel gate, maybe she could be in here? I started blowing on the gate with the poltergust, only for a hider to come out and scare me.

The blue skinny ghost gave me a wide smile before calling some friend over. And they all took one vein of the gate, the fifth one struggled with his but eventually got it off, however a purple blur flew in front of me and began to hiss at the fifth hider, causing it to drop the vein and flee. Wait.

"Y/N!?"

The cat stared at me, tilting her head to the side. She wasn't speaking at all and her usual blue was replaced with purple. "Can you speak?" Y/n slowly shook her head and grabbed the vein in her jaws before putting down at my feet. "You haven't taken any of that potion have you?" Again she shook her head.

(Art by me)Y/n then ran to the hydro generator room and fazed through the wall, I quickly grabbed the vein and followed

(Art by me)
Y/n then ran to the hydro generator room and fazed through the wall, I quickly grabbed the vein and followed. We entered the East hall and caused the three hiders to flee into different rooms. "We're should we go first?" I questioned Y/n, she padded towards the door that was opposite to me, which was invisible, and let out a cute meow at me.