Chapter 25: a train to catch

"I think I've been able to fix the security image..." e gadd stated we stood in our usual place. However I could only help but glare at the old coot. "Oh come on y/n you can't be mad at me forever!"

"You hit one of my babies!" She spat as she pulled up pink toad, he stared at her a little confused. I heavily sighed and released the toad from her grip.

The professor then pulled up the security image, my eyes widened at the same old painting that the boos had been carrying, "m-Mario?"

"Oh no..." y/n whispered, "but how long has he been in that painting?" E gadd could only heavily sigh.

We then looked around and saw the boos messing around with some sort of train. "Is that some sort of exhibit?" Y/n questioned, E gadd nodded.

Then e gadd attention was caught by a large boo with a crown, "that no regular boo, could that be-?" Suddenly king boo snapped his body towards us and cackled, jump scaring all three of us. "WHAT IN TARNATION?!"

The security image then started to glitch out and eventually all that was left of it was static...

"King boo! The master of illusions! He's the one who's been pulling the strings this whole time!" E gadd exclaimed.

"I knew I saw him in the entrance!" Y/n growled, "and someone didn't believe me..."

I stared at her sympathetically, "look I'm very sorry about that..."

E gadd rolled his eyes and began typing into his computer, "wherever king boo goes, he takes Mario's painting with him. We have to get to that train exhibit and rescue him!"

We then went to the treacherous mansion and approach the inner courtyard, and placed a makeshift rotor that e gadd had given us into the stone. Then we used the rotor to make the staircase move over to the east and made our way to the nautical exhibit, only to be met with clouds of mist and a strong hammer messing around with a wheel that belonged to a ship to steer it.

Y/n transformed into her cat form and shut the hatch that kept on blowing out the mist and Luigi sucked up the remaining mist in the room. My lovely girl returned to normal and we both teamed up against the slammer and took out two greenies wearing nautical headwear.

Once we cleaned the nautical exhibit out we then went to our main objective, the study. "So behind this bookcase is the train exhibit, how do we get passed?"

"Easy, place this book back to where it belongs!" Y/n scoffed, she grabbed the golden book and placed it onto the bookshelf. "There we go, easy as anything!"

As soon as she said that a long orange arm pushed the book back out, "what the-?" I questioned I stuck my face into the opening and suddenly a poltergeist, a strong one, appeared and took the book. "Are you serious?!" Y/n snapped.

E gadd then called up, "that dang blaster ghost took that book! The passage won't open without it!"

"Are you able to find him?" I desperately pleaded. "The parascope doesn't work well in that mansion but I'll try my best...got him! He seems to be somewhere on the west wing on this floor. Try searching for him there..."

I hung up and dragged y/n back to the courtyard and switched the stairs direction to the west. "So...where do we start?" Y/n asked, I shrugged and then creepers dropped from the ceiling.