Chapter 27: paranormal chaos

After we found out how king boo escaped, well, of course we weren't very happy. E Gadd I love you...but sometimes your actions are questionable. Seriously? Sold at a garage sale?!

Luigi was pacing around the room, mumbling to himself, he still hadn't calmed down. "Alright, alright, Luigi stop it..." I said a little sternly. He didn't listen as he still mumbled something. "Luigi!"

His head quickly looked towards me and then back at the ground in embarrassment, "I- sorry! I just couldn't help but be so furious with your father..."

"You can't hold a grudge against e gadd over something like this, he's getting old...surprised how he's still kicking..." I stated, Luigi let out a small chuckle at the last thing I said.

"Yeah your right..." he whispered, he then leaned in for a kiss, but I decided to tease him and turn my head so he kissed my cheek instead. "You can get a kiss when this is over, if we even make it out alive."

Luigi whined in desperation until e gadd cleared his throat, "okay you lovebirds, I've got some news, but I don't know if it's good or bad..."

"What is it?" I tilted me head to the side. "Well the parascope detected a radical new signal after big boo was defeated. It indicates something I've never seen before-a distortion in the very fabric of our dimension!" E gadd explained.

Luigi raised a brow, "I don't understand?" E gadd rolled his eyes and started to pinpoint where we needed to go. "A portal, Luigi. A paranormal portal on the terrace."

"But what's going to be in there that's so important?" I mumbled, e gadd heard me. "I wager that the final dark moon piece is in that portal, and possibly king boo and Mario!"

"I hope you two are ready, the fate of evershade valley rests in your hands."

In the inner courtyard, me and Luigi used the makeshift rotor and turned the stairs to face the centre. As I walked up I felt...nervous. Evershade valley was counting on us, but how bad is this paranormal portal going to be?

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I wasn't looking and walked into the door, I heard Luigi trying to stifle a laugh. "Are you alright, Y/n?"

"It's not funny!" I snapped and turned red, embarrassed. Luigi then chuckled as he pulled me into a hug. "I'm just nervous about this, that's all."

"Believe me, I'm nervous too, evershade valley is counting on us..." he whispered, "but we can do it, right?" I silently nodded and Luigi opened the door to the terrace. And there he was...

King boo

The king opened the paranormal portal that e gadd was talking about, purple clouds swarmed over the mansion. The big boo then laughed and swiftly went In, "we can't let him escape this time!" I yelled trying to approach the portal.

Until, many, many ghosts came out of the portal and fled into the walls of the treacherous mansion. Once they all left the ground suddenly shook.

"Criminy! The paranormal signals just went through the roof! This is very serious, if we don't reduce the paranormality then this dimension will collapse in on itself!" I heard e gadd behind me exclaim, guess I didn't hear him call from the shake of the ground.

Then a bolt of purple lightning shock the sky. "We will try and do anything we can!" I yell back at him, Luigi hung up and we ran out to the inner courtyard. "Our locations are the space and nautical exhibits!" Luigi informed.

"Alright I'll go to the space exhibit, you go to the nautical!" I commanded, Luigi then took off to the east whilst I fled to the west. As soon as I entered the room, and tripped over my own feet. I took out the five greenies inside and  ran back to the middle.

Luigi came flying down the stairs after waiting a bit. "We might have to pick up the pace..." Luigi huffed. He then got the locations of the next ghosts. "We need to go to the ice age exhibit and the jungle exhibit."

"Alright I'll take the ice age exhibit, you good with that?" I asked Luigi he gave a firm nod and we both gave one final look before leaving each other.

~•Luigi's PoV•~

I had just taken down a gobber in the jungle exhibit and had to quickly make my way to the ancient exhibit as more ghosts kept coming. But I took one glance at the map and saw that Y/n had taken the ghosts out in the ice age and was moving on to new ghosts in the dark age.

As I went inside of the e gate mummies were already fast approaching, I led them into the fire to burn the bandages off and strobulbed the two greenies quickly.

The roaring thunder had become louder and my eyes stared in horror when I saw the walls of the mansion cracking.

I went back to the main entrance to see Y/n, panting like she had traveled so many miles in the desert. "Y/n, I think you should take a break-" however when I approached her she glared at me, transforming into her cat form and fled into one of the rooms. "King boo..."

"Hurry Luigi, I know that y/n has lost control but we need to be quick, the dimension is close to collapsing!" E gadd informed me. King boo caused her to transform just so she can't help in desperate times...

I ran towards the bathrooms and eliminated the creepers, at least they were easy. And then into the kitchen to capture some hiders. The final area was now in reach, where it all began.

Now back at the terrace I watched as six greenies appeared out of the portal, along with y/n. Either she's bringing them out to kill me, or allowing me to take them down.

When I took out the greenies she snarled at me, and meowed at the portal, normal slammers emerged and in a swift motion I took them down too.

Y/n then leaped at me in anger. "Sorry y/n..." I softly whispered and flashed the blinding light of the strobulb into her eyes. She yowled, causing more ghosts to appear, but she returned back to her normal self.

"What happened?" She questioned, I was about to answer but the thunder interrupted me along with a crack appearing on the ground. Sneakers, greenies and creepers all came out. "Nevermind, let's get this over with before we die!"

We defeated all the ghosts as the world was breaking under our feet, our only enemy in our way was a strong gobber. Both of us worked as a team to defeat him, even if we did slip a few times. "Ew I'm covered in that goop!" Y/n grimaced as she shook her body to get some of it off.

"Luigi, y/n, you've done it again!" E gadd yelled proudly, I pulled the ds out and saw him with a wide smile. "Right I'll bring you two back so you can unload the poltergust's before you go into that creepy portal."

Back at the bunker we unloaded a total of 51 ghosts all together. I heavily sighed and dropped my body onto the sofa. Y/n the hopped on beside me. "Well, evershade valley is not going to collapse, but we will have to go into that portal..."

I pulled y/n closer to be and gently grabbed her chin so she was facing me. "I'm sure it will be fine, right?" I was trying to hide my fear and y/n could see through it, but didn't say anything. "Also, do I get my kiss?"

She just laughed and shook her head, "of course not, we still need to defeat king boo, then you'll get your kiss." I groaned in annoyance and crossed my arms, Y/n giggled quietly and cuddled close to me.

King boo...

Your next...