Chapter 29: a nightmare to remember

~•Luigi's PoV•~
I opened my eyes after feeling my body aching from the drop, slowly my eyes adjusted to the darkness and I looked around. There was nothing around, except for the pale purple swirl flooring.

Y/n was on the ground, not moving, "SweetHeart...? W-wake up...!" Finally her eyes opened and her breathing was heavy, "I-I'm awake..."

She then tried to stand but her legs gave in and she fell, holding onto her side in pain. I quickly ushered her back to the ground once she was going to try and stand again, "you have to rest..." I then pulled her hand away from her side, seeing a large gash in her side, and her blood had turned to purple. "Y-y/n...we need to get out of here!"

Laughed then cut the silence, and curtains seemed to open and reveal windows leading to a purple void. The laughing continued and shadows swirled around the void, making me dizzy.

As soon as it was over, I let out a sigh in relief. The curtains closing as if it was a magic show. Y/N's eyes were threatening to close, "no y/n keep your eyes open!"

"I-I can't, I don't have much time..." she barely whispered. Then something appeared before me...Mario's painting...without thinking I leaned towards it, hoping to grab it and be out of this place.

Suddenly, the Painting disappeared and none other than king boo appeared. "Well, well, well...what do we have here?" The boo cackled, "well if it isn't my old pal Luigi, or is it baby Luigi? I can't tell the difference."

I glared daggers at him, Y/n stared up at him in horror and shuffled away, my fear and worry had become increasingly worse, this is what he wanted, the two of us alone. "That old coot had me locked up...but guess what? I got out and now I'm painting the town red!"

"What are you planning King Boo? Are you the reason Y/n is like this!?" I yelled at him. The kings eyes pierced onto Y/n.

He smiled widely, "yes, it was I who broke the dark moon, I have all of Y/N's ghosts under my control and soon my revenge will be complete!"

"What...? Revenge?" I muttered confused. His expression then turned fierce. "You are the reason Y/n doesn't love me! So my plan was to destroy the dark moon and weaken her so much that I could take over...she's so weak and powerless after that fight with the possessor."

My eyes widened in fear, "but you could kill her if you stress out her body too much!"

"I couldn't care, besides, she would become a ghost and she will finally be my queen with portraits of everyone in the mushroom kingdom on our walls!" The king cackled once more, Despair filled the air around me.

"Now, let's see what good you are against 'your love.'" He then pulled y/n towards him, she couldn't struggle at all. She scowled at the king, "y-you can't do anything!"

He just laughed and put his face close to her's, my blood started to boil. "Oh we will see about that~" suddenly a bright light shot out of the king's crown. Engulfing the two and the poor girl's screams could be heard...

"No stop-!"

My eyes opened to see an arena, lightning surrounded me and the void had turned black with twisting swirls of purple.

"Taking in the view Luigi?" I looked in front of me, my eyes widened to see a large white ghost cat in front of me, a large blue tongue hung out with saliva dripping. Six Purple eyes pierced into my soul and a shadow filled crown sat upon her head. "I feel so much power! I control your dear Y/n!"

 "I feel so much power! I control your dear Y/n!"

"Y/n!" King boo Laughed at my callings. "She can't hear you anymore! Now, let's begin shall we? Let's start by ripping you to shreds!"

The cat then pounced at me, causing some spike balls to heavily hit the platform. My weight was causing them to moved at a steady pace towards me. The large cat followed me and then pounced again, sending the spike balls up in the air.

I then noticed the shadows of them, I shone the flashlight into king's(?) eyes, making him stop in his tracks and the large spike ball hit him on the head. "Sorry y/n..."

Then I drain his health down and got ready to catch him however he pulled himself free. "Ahaha! Really is that all you thought could take me down?" The king laughed at me before nudging the platform which made me fall into some sort of house. The large ghost cat then started to chase me, clawing away at and obstacle in its path.

I dodged the drawers and piles of sand in my path, lightning struck and suites of armour swung ignited torches, the purple flames danced around. Eventually I was able to escape and back onto the platform, the cat then leaped out of the hallway and summoned the barrier. the king then shot lighting onto some of the tiles, causing sand to appear.

He then charged at me, luckily I dodged and then he quickly jumped and pounced, sending spike balls down. I quickly got the cat underneath the shadow of one and hit it in the head and tried to capture the king again. However he barely escaped and sent me into that hallway once again.

The last part was in reach, the cat was now panting and clearly tired, it's body was also breaking away and melting. Don't worry y/n I'll get you out...

The king snarled at me in anger and started shooting lightning on each tile, which I luckily dodged then he summoned spikes and ice tiles.

He then pounced and I watched for the shadows of the balls. Once I saw one I tried to get him under one, however he escaped last minute and disappeared. "I won't be fooled a second time-!" White particles were dripping into the void, y/N's body wasn't able to hold the power much longer. After shooting more lightning the cat yowled and pounced, and the spikes were coming down.

I got him under one, which then separated y/n and king boo, I quickly grabbed king boo with the poltergust and this time I was able to capture him.

Maybe y/N's body was stopping me from capturing him? But it was over, he was gone...all that was left was the gem that sat on his head.

Y/n laid on the floor motionless so I gently picked her up bridal style and grabbed the gem, and put it in my pockets.

Suddenly the area started to spark and a bright light shone into my eyes...