Chapter 11: doggone key

~•Luigi's PoV•~

"Alright Luigi, thanks to Y/n and that mut, we can track their paw prints!" E Gadd happily cheered. "But it's rather odd that Y/n didn't have her poltergust with her..."

"Yeah she took it off when we got that key," I said, "you can't blame her, wearing these this takes a toll on your shoulders."

E Gadd then prepared the pixelator and sent me back to the entrance of the haunted towers. Already hearing a dog barking. No trace of hissing or meowing could be heard. I opened the gate and looked around, seeing the pup acting like a statue with the key in the dirt.

"Hey!" I playfully smile at the ghost dog, he acted all cut for a second...before eating the key, "o-oh my..."

The dog then fled to the east rooms, I heavily sighed, then a cat became visible, "I almost had him!" She looked at me and smiled, "Luigi! Glad to see you!"

"Same here! But how long have you been chasing him?" I questioned Y/n, her ears flattened.

"About 30 minutes...but it's probably because I don't have my poltergust..." she pouted.

I rolled my eyes at her, "it's back at the lab so don't worry." She then walked through the wall that the dog went through. I immediately followed her into the hydro generator. Seeing she wasn't here. "Y/n?"

Heavily sighing and using the dark light I saw the paw prints of Y/n and The ghost dog. Soon I came to the toolshed and the lights were completely off, Y/n was sniffing at one of the drawers. So I opened them and the dog jumped out, causing me to fall on my back as he licked my face and immediately fled once again.

Y/n looked a little disappointed but jokingly smiled, "that dog sure is something..." Lifting myself off the ground, I left the toolshed and into the yard as the ghost dog started the old Rusty lawnmower and rammed it through the hedge. The dog then fled back into the towers. I heavily groaned in Annoyance and was about to open the door to head back into the toolshed but the purple barriers slammed down and three sneakers appeared.

"Y/n, keep going after that pup, I'll catch up soon!" I ordered, She simply nodded and leaped through the walls.

~•Y/N's PoV•~

Doing as Luigi said, I entered the toolshed stairs, seeing the Mut at the top of the wooden stairs, I ran up them, only for the dog to go up to the second flight of stairs.

After going up them I found myself in the conservatory, and the piano was invisible. Well in my cat form I can see a blue aura to show there are spirits balls causing mischief.

Luigi comes into the room and saw the elephant in the room, he used the dark light device and the dog came out and left the room.

And one again, ghosts appeared as soon as Luigi was about to leave. "Already on it!" I said as I chased after the dog once again. Stealthily, I walked along the crow's nest behind the polterpup. My paw barely making a sound on the rotting wood.

My head lifted up to the bathroom window, seeing the outline of the polterpup, I jumped in and the dog immediately booked it out of the room. Of course I followed him into the west bedroom.

Luigi had finally caught up and once he checked the middle bed, the dog jumped out and rolled on the floor playfully. My lovely green bean captured the dog and the key was spat out, I returned to normal and cheered, Luigi letting out a sigh of relief.

"Finally we got the key!" He cheered, I stared at it and made a disgusted face, "ew it's all slimy!" Luigi picked up the key and I saw him shiver in disgust. The ds then rung.

"Luigi, Y/n! I see you finally got that mut, and the special key!" E Gadd happily clapped, "I'll bring you guys back, hold on!"

Once we were back, Luigi sent the ghosts down to the vault, however someone was missing from the screen...

"Say...isn't there supposed to be a dog there?" I asked, Luigi looked inside of the nozzle of the poltergust, only to hear barking. The polterpup jumped out, licked the professor on the face and fled the bunker. "Criminy! How did that pooch escape the poltergust 5000!?" E Gadd exclaimed, "I guess I'll have to tighten up the containment unit..."

Luigi then pulled out the special key, "oh yes, here's the Key E Gadd." The professor took it and looked at it unsettled, "gah! It's all chewed up and slimy!"

He then called the red toad over and gave it to him, "could you clean that up for us please?" The toad reluctantly took the key and nodded before waddling off with his squeaky shoes. "Also Y/n, you need to take some of that potion for the next mission, we're going to obtain the third dark moon piece."

Sorry if the chapter is short, I won't be dragging on chapters that require chasing the polterpup.

the next chapter will also be a short one for obvious reasons (the boss is short and all you do is climb stairs to get to him...)