Chapter 17: piece at last

~•Luigi PoV•~
I was resting on the couch, arms behind my head and legs up. Y/n was sat on the floor, seemingly lost in thought as her eyes never left the ground. I cleared my throat, she flinch and looked back at me. "Are you alright, pumpkin?"

Her face flushed and she giggled, "I'm good Luigi, I'm just lost in thought...." She then looked over at the dark moon pieces, the three we had obtained all lined up, three empty containers waiting for the others. "I don't know if I can last long enough..."

"W-what do you mean?" I quickly answered, lifting myself off the couch and onto the floor with her. "I'm loosing my strength, Luigi. I can't hold on for long."

I didn't want to hear it, we can't loose now, can we? We only have three pieces left...yet it takes a long time to actually get to our main objective...." I pulled her into a hug, holding in my tears. The pieces were rattling in the containers. Suddenly purple smoke emitted from them.

She let go of me and her eyes were now purple, "what was that...?" I mumbled. Y/n shrugged and blinked, her eyes returning to normal.

"Was that the wind?" The voice of e gadd called out. Me and Y/n couldn't help but laugh at the old coot. "Yeah I think it was!" Y/n answered.

We both got up and equipped our poltergust's and were ready for our mission.

Acquire the missing rotor.

~•Y/N's PoV•~

We landed in the east rooms, specifically the service elevator, as we landed a sneaker had gotten surprised, and it was holding the rotor, unfortunately it fled the room...

"Did you see that sneaker?" I said turning to Luigi, he nodded his head, eyes wide. "It had strange markings..." we quickly made our way in the gear chamber, which we encountered that sneaker with the rotor and it left yet again.

I tried to follow it but the room was locked, but there was a brick missing in the wall, which gave me the chance to spy on the ghost. As I looked in I saw the sneaker talking to a greenie, probably for a location to hide the rotor.

But as the two were getting ready to hide the last piece we needed, another greenie spotted me looking and blocked the hole off with a loose brick. I growled in Annoyance and went down the rusty metal stairs and beneath the gear chamber.

"I got a call from e gadd, about a toad assistant being here..." Luigi said, Y/n then remembered the Yellow toad that had fallen down below, and two boos went after him. We then went to the down floor of the elevator, only to get jump scared by a broken vault that suddenly fell from the top.

I took the lead as I was clearly in overprotective mode after remembering the toad, I busted down the door to the crank room, transformed into my cat form and leaped over to the hammers, I turned back and quickly took them out and grabbed the key to the room were toad was meant to be in.

I jumped back over to Luigi as a cat and once we were in the synchro gantry, I returned to normal once again. "That...that was something I'll probably do again...." I huffed in exhaustion.

Luigi immediately shook his head, "definitely not, you've tired yourself out!" I shook my head back, "I'm fine...honestly!"

He didn't but it of course but didn't argue back and stared at the cookoo clock. A bird inside then suddenly bursted out and picked the plumber up and took him into the clock. "Luigi! Are you alright!?" The cookoo clock then did the same to me and I was brought onto the other side of the room.