Chapter 22: chilly ride

It was time E Gadd was ready to transport us back to the workshop. "Are you two ready?" He questioned, both me and Luigi nodded in unison and we were teleported back.

"Will you be alright?" Luigi asked as he grabbed my hand, "I don't want anything happening to you..."

I chuckled and nodded, "I'm sure I'll be fine, beside what could go wrong?"

"Everything."

Rolling my eyes, I opened the door to the workshop and Luigi followed in, hand still in mine. Just as we were going to step forward the possessor jumped out and possessed the ice in the middle of the room, making it become a large ice face.

The beast roared at us and sunk down, causing the room to shake. "We have to chase after him!" I stated. "But how?" Luigi yelled. Then an idea struck, I closed my eyes and focused, after a few seconds the four pieces of the dark moon appeared and I transformed.

"Y/n..." Luigi said sternly, "is this really a good idea?" I stared at him with my six eyes. "This will be fine, now hop on!"

He put his flashlight away and climbed onto my back and I slid down the ice and ran at the ice monster. A sort of shield then popped up and I shot fireballs at it, causing the ice to break in small pieces.

After I got rid of the thin ice the face then pulled me in and as he was about to bite I shot a fireball into its face, causing it to explode.

We were then inside a cavern and Luigi hopped off my back and fought the possessor. Once the white coat was off the ice face came back and we ran after it.

~•Luigi's PoV•~
As I was riding on Y/N's back I watched as she blasted he enemy in her way, the dark moon pieces all coming together and giving her a massive boost in strength. When the face pulled us in however, y/n lost balance and fell into the jaws, and I fell off her back. the face clamped onto her right front leg, causing a yowl to come from the big cat. The dark moon pieces then pushed the face away to prevent any damage.

"Y/n! Help!" I yelled, She limped over and threw me back onto her back, she then glared at the face and did the process again. This time making it explode.

I dodged out of the way as the possessor teleported around before flashing it when it became dazed, and taking the orange coat off. The ice face then left for the next round, "y/n..." I turned around and saw her lying down red snow surrounded the wounded paw. "Luckily I have some bandages..."

"But this won't be enough..." she meowed, I finished aiding her wounds and embraced the big cat into a hug. When I let her go some of the blood had disappeared. "Now that should be enough!"

She laughed and allowed me to climb back on. "Where would I be without you?" I chuckled as she dived into the ice caverns. Then the dark moon pieces summoned something we didn't expect. "Bombs?!"

"We can use these, shoot them at the face!" Y/n commanded, I nodded and shot a bomb with the poltergust, breaking some of the ice. Y/n then shot fireballs along with the bombs.

Just then the face started to shoot back, and spat an icicle right at y/N's face, causing her to loose footing again. "Come on don't let that distract you!" I said, keeping a tight grip onto her fur.

"Your right," she hissed as she quickly cleaned her face with her paw. We finally took the ice face out a third time and when we were in the caverns, y/n transformed back and I finally caught the possessor and the dark moon piece flew out of the nozzle. "We did it!" Y/n cheered as she hugged me tightly and jumped up and down.

I laughed and we ended up on the icy ground, snow surrounding us. "That wasn't actually that bad, fun even!"

"Hehe, i was scared about that wound you got." I then grabbed her arm and looked at the bandages, they were covered in blood. Y/n then pulled away and grabbed the dark moon piece. "One more to go!"

E gadd then called, "gre_t job you __o! I'll bring you two _ack! Hold _n!" We were then teleported back to the nice warm bunker.

~•Y/N's PoV•~
I watched in happiness as the dark moon piece spun around on the machine and became clean, we all heard the usual whooshing sound.

"Well, another area has become available!" E gadd cheered, he quickly checked the monitors. "Wow, treacherous mansion, looks pretty scary..."

"It won't be that bad! Besides we've been through four of these mansions already!" I said proudly, Luigi chuckled and e gadd rolled his eyes in amusement. "Still, I think you two should prepare for this, I'm getting some high readings...also y/n you need that arm sorted out."

Luigi then skipped away and talked to the toads and helped them as E Gadd pulled the first aid kid out of nowhere and treated my wounds. "Thanks, dad..."

"Anytime, pumpkin," E Gadd smiled, I couldn't help but smile back, at least I can have some sort of father figure. I still wonder where my father is now...