Chapter 20: hit rock bottom

I couldn't believe my eyes, three ghosts were trapped inside crystals...but what caught my eye was that one crystal was empty next to the greenie...

"The toad mentioned in his last report that the crystals have strengthening qualities." E gadd stated.

Luigi then looked back at me, "if one crystal is available for a ghost then...who is it for?" I just shrugged in response.

"Those boos are gonna pay for this..." I mumbled, suddenly I noticed the shadow on the ground. "That's one big shadow, that must be their leader!"

I stared at e gadd in disbelief, surely he would've caught onto who that is right? He then turned back towards us with the pixelator running.

"Alright you two go and stop....err whatever those boos are up to!"

We were brought to the chalet, at least it was warm here, yet we were going to meet the harsh cold. "How stupid is he?" Luigi snarled as he dragged me into the elevator. "What do you mean?" I questioned. "We know who that shadow belonged to, we know who controls those stupid boos!"

"Luigi calm down..." I tried reassuring him but he just kept mumbling under his breath. "Luigi!" He turned to me and I grabbed his face before placing my lips on his. He melted into the kiss and after we pulled away I stared into his blue eyes. "Better?" "Better..."

We crossed the airway and went through the door on the west and entered the crossroads. I looked through the wooden barriers to see a key in the snow on the other side. "How do we get over?" Luigi flashed at something which caught my attention. A sort of gate opened and a green sort of portal appeared.

I then noticed another gate that had opened. "Well I guess you go first!" "Wait what?" I pushed my boyfriend through the teleporter. "Hey!" I heard him call from the other side, I giggled and jumped through. Avoiding Luigi who was sat in the snow.

He then put his hand out, I rolled my eyes and pulled him up. "Let's get out of here." I nodded and grabbed the key out of the snow and unlocked the door.

I went in first and saw the ice slide going down further into the mine. "Oh god..." Luigi then bumped into me, which cause both of us the plummet down the slide.

Luigi screamed and the way down whilst I cheered. Once we hit the bottom our cloth were covered in snow. "That was fun!" I said. Luigi shook his head in a daze. "Fun? That wasn't fun..."

I then noticed a key waiting near the door, Luigi picked it up and unlocked the door. The room had suits of armour cover in ice. Speaking of which half of the room was blocked off with ice. "Maybe you cold melt it?"

So I prepare my fire but before I could do anything the window burst open and two greenies came in. Luigi felt with them quickly and I captured a sneaker that came in after the greenies.

"Let's try that again..." I huffed in annoyance, I shit my fire at the ice and it instantly melted. Through the door we were met with another sort of elevator. As it descended I saw many ghosts carrying crystal shards... "I didn't like the look of those crystals..."

Luigi turned towards me and sighed, "I know what you mean, I don't like the look of it either, but what concerned me is that there was one crystal that didn't have a ghost in it."