Chapter 14: underground expedition

"Good news You two!" E Gadd said, we quickly ran towards him, already ready for the next mission, "that compass can give us an alternate entrance to the underground."

"Great! Let's get going!" Luigi announced, E Gadd chuckled and gave the compass to the plumber. "I've marked where it needs to go on your map."

~~~

We were back in the yard of the old clockworks, landing a little more graceful. "So where does the compass go?" I questioned, Luigi pulled the ds up and looked. After a few seconds he placed it on the nob sticking out and the sand suddenly moved, revealing an iron trap door. "Is it safe?"

Luigi stepped on it And nothing happened, causing me to assume it was safe, but once both our weight was placed on it the door swung open and we descended into the storm cellar, screaming in the process.

"What the hell-?" Luigi groaned in pain, however we quickly got up after hearing the laughter of a greenie. I snarled at it and lost control, scaring it away with my large cat form. "Woah Y/n calm down!" Luigi softly spoke. I looked at him and closed my eyes. Returning to normal.

~Luigi's PoV~

"Sorry about that..." y/n whispered, "let's find those clock hands." She put some heavy rocks on the weight we fell onto and the iron gate blocking the door rose. "Let's go."

I simply nodded and followed her through the door. And into the canyon hall, I immediately shivered at the state of the hallway, bricks missing in the wall, webs covering every inch of this place and wooden boards scattered.

However Y/n didn't seem fazed by any of it and kept walking. Soon enough, out path was blocked by bricks and a lot of sand. "Maybe we should go through this way?" I said, pointing towards the large hole in the wall. Y/n looked at me, her eyes purple instead of their usual e/c.

I stepped back a little, "y-y/n?" She shook her head and her eyes turned to normal. "I-I'm alright now, I'll need more of that potion. Anyway let's head through the hole."

"Okay, I'll lead." I stated as I went first, Carefully stepping out and into the canyon narrows. "Wow that's a huge gap..." I mumbled.

"And that's an even bigger drop!" Y/n added. I looked down and saw the darkness at the bottom, I swallowed the lump in my throat and saw the hang wire above me. After saying my prayers I tightly gripped it as it started moving me to the other side.

However when I took the second one, my hands slipped and I swiftly descended, crying out in fear.

"LUIGI!!"

a roar erupted the canyon, shaking the cliffs I looked with wide eyes as the black shadow cat leap in, claws out, and grabbed me and floated back up to the narrows of the canyon, before collapsing on the desert sand.

I looked at y/n a large gash on her back leg was starting to form. It was clear that she wasn't a ghost in her large form. "Y/n are you alright?"

"Oh yeah I have a large wound on my leg, I'm fine!" She said sarcastically, changing back to her normal self. I helped her up and was about to carry her, however she brushed my hand away. "I-I can still walk, don't worry about me."

I knew she was lying as she winced at the pain, she started limping away from me, however I followed and grabbed her hand. She looked at me, yet didn't pull away.