Chapter 1: here we go again

It was a rather quiet night, the wind was blowing through the forest a little roughly but other than that it was peaceful. I was laying on the sofa, Luigi behind me as we both began to rest our eyes for the night. Luigi had already fallen asleep with his arms wrapped around me.

Suddenly, pain rushed through my body, causing me to quickly sit up and grasp my chest and winced. Luigi opened his eyes as panic showed through. "A-are you alright Y/N?"

I tried to smile it off, only to feel more pain. "I-..."

I was cut off when the Tv started to glitch out, and static appeared on the screen.
Luigi pulled himself off the sofa and stumbled towards the TV, and tried to press the button to switch the tv off and a familiar face appeared on the Screen. "Luigi! Y/N!"

Luigi then immediately got spooked and darted away from the screen and hit his back into the couch behind him, "E Gadd?" I question as I went over to grab luigi's hand and pull him up.

"I need your help you two, the ghosts have gone hostile!"

Luigi stood there with a questioning look and I stared in worry and pain, "W-what do you mean?"

"I'll explain when you get here, I'm preparing the pixlator!" Luigi vigorously shook his head as he tried to back up, you rolled your eyes playfully. "Hold still!"

The Tv then showed a green screen and little pixels went in, You grabbed luigi's hand and held it tightly, and the both of you were sucked into the screen.

Luigi landed onto the ground with a thud, you however landed on both of your feet, gracefully.

"Greetings Luigi, Y/N. I knew our paths would cross again." Luigi looked around as he twiddled his thumbs. "You seem a bit tense, don't worry we're perfectly safe in this bunker. And it seems like Y/N isn't even afraid."

Oh he was wrong, I was panicking about this. Did something happen to it?

"I'm guess the both of you have been adventuring with Mario, whilst I've been researching paranormal happenings and what not."

"So, why did you call us here?" Luigi muttered, obviously still in a panic.

"Ah yes, you see that on the screen?" E Gadd pointed towards a screen behind Luigi, "that there is the dark moon, it has a pacifying effect on all of the ghosts here in the valley."

"is there a problem with it?"

"Indeed, I was doing able to study the ghosts in this peaceful environment, however something snapped in the ghosts and they went hostile." E Gadd then sighed, "it got so bad I had to escape from the gloomy manor and hide here. "So I looked into what could of caused this, and that's when I realised, the dark moon had vanished from the sky!"

My eyes widened, "wait, wait. All of this happened just now?" E Gadd gave a quick nod.

"The whole valley has been engulfed by an eerie fog," E Gadd said, "if we don't do something about it then the ghosts might terrorise the wild beyond!"

"The dark moon...is really...broken...?" I muttered another shock was sent through my body and I fell into Luigi's arms.