⨰𝔻𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕓𝕚𝕟𝕘...|| 𝘿𝙖𝙗𝙞 | 𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 2.

title: tōya todoroki x nomu male reader
fandom: Boku no hero academia
warning: triggering themes (suicide, depression etc.), it's angsty I think
side note: part of the previous chapter. Your should read that one first if you haven't done that so far. Not proof read
Happy birthday Dabi /[^×^]\⊃*.
idea: Nekogirl2468

Third P.O.V

It's been about a week and a half after the trio (Y/n, Dabi and Toga) sat down and decided to return Y/n's memories. So far everything hasn't been going as smoothly as they thought it would...
At one point they even wanted to take Kurogiri's advice and start off fresh with the nomu. But Dabi was hesitant. Very hesitant.
He didn't want a fresh start, he wanted the good old Y/n in his arms again. But that might never happen now that he thinks about it.

Finally he got some alone time with the silhouette without the blonde. He sat in his chair while Y/n sat on his bed, playing with the strings of the new hoodie he got from the fire boy.
Dabi sighed as he was slowly losing hope. He wasn't completely burnt out yet, but he was a little crispy to say the least.

The nomu could sense the disappointment in the air. It made it feel sad and self conscious. It didn't want to be a burden with it but then again, memory is not a choice.
He shuffled closer to the stressed male as he stared at him with a little frown. Dabi looked up at him with a puzzled look.

"Sad?." The nomu said in it's signature husky tone "disappointed·?"
Dabi groaned and shook his head "no don't worry about it, I'm fine" even though the nomu still couldn't for a full sentence correctly Dabi understand what it meant. It honestly broke his heart - Y/n first committed suicide for whatever reason and now he has to have the burden of re-leaning everything and possible disappointment oh his shoulders.
He just wanted to be free, he didn't as for another chance. He just wanted to leave his life behind but...

"Blood!·." The nomu's words broke Dabi out of his thoughts. He put his hand under his eye's scars and indeed felt a drip of blood roll down. He wiped it off with a frustrated groan.
"Don't worry about it, it happens all the time" he scoffed, leaning further into the chair.

The nomu stared at him with a worried expression "Y/n is sorry.·.." it spoke. It thought everything it did so far was wrong or not good enough. Seems like that's the one thing that hasn't left he even after death.

"You have nothing to be sorry about, it's just..." Dabi sighed "just when I thought I finally understood you, I actually didn't at all. I probably should've done something to prevent this from happening" he pinched the bridge of his nose.
The nomu shook it's head "there be reason why Y/n dead. Not Dabi fault" it spoke to it's best effort.
Dabi chuckled "thanks, but if i would've tried to help you we wouldn't... Be here" he honestly wanted the alive Y/n back with all the memories, but one side of him didn't mind the company of this version of him since he didn't have to be here at all.

"Maybe we can hang out like we used to some time," Dabi let out a breathy chuckle. He then reached out to pat the silhouette.
It flinched at the impact but leaned into it once it figured out it wasn't anything bad.

Then, it inhaled sharply as behind the mist could be distinguished a figure resembling a h/c haired boy. Dabi's eyes widened as his posture straightened.
The boy looked in pain before being enveloped with the mist again. Whatever that shit was, they were totally getting somewhere.

"Y/n are you okay?!" He grabbed the nomu's shoulders as it whimpered in pain. It's head was spinning but other than that it was fine.
It nodded.

Dabi sighed. This was hard.

"Hey, do you at least remember something? Anything." He said, probably knowing what the answer is.
It shook it's head "only pain. Y/n remember many pain, then it stop, then it come back, then Y/n go find Dabi" it explained. It did indeed only remember the feeling of it's death and when it was getting turned into a nomu.
Dabi nodded "cool... Wait why did you look for me? How did you know how I look like?" Dabi asked.