𝐒𝐈𝐗

~͓̽~͓̽~

~͓̽~͓̽~

06 | ɴᴏᴛ ᴀᴛ ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ ꜱɪɢʜᴛ

𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐄𝐘𝐀
THE NORTH: WINTERFELL

      𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐄𝐘𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐔𝐂𝐇 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐏 𝐓𝐎 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐋. As soon as they'd entered the Riverlands, the scenery went from cobblestone roads and wooden plaster homes to waving green pastures, rushing rivers, and stone towers rising up amidst a sky rolling with gray clouds.

      She had never smelled air as clean as the ones that she had along the Kingsroad. She knew that, even though he'd apologized, her father still hoped that the journey to Winterfell would be enough to suffice her thirst for life. But it had not been.

      It was just the beginning. It was further confirmation that there was more to the world than what she had been given. It made her want to take life for herself if no one would give it to her. It was one single road amongst thousands. A mere drop of water to a girl who had been starved and dehydrated her entire life. She'd had a small taste, and now she wanted more. 

      "We're here." Celesse spoke, a slight smile in her voice. 

      As soon as they'd made it past The Twins and Greywater Watch, she had not been able to stop talking about their final destination. She rambled on about how she wished to see what The Young Wolf looked like, and his half-brother Jon. She wanted to know if they were both as handsome as everyone said. She wondered if Sansa was truly a red-headed beauty like her mother.

      Up until then, Malaeya had not known that Celesse had such interest in noble families. Though, in hindsight, she should have expected it. 

      As children, they'd spent hours on end, fantasizing about which pair of brother lords they would marry so that they could be together even in adulthood. They had planned on taking family journeys and having their children raised as the best of friends and first cousins, just as they'd been - minus the cousin part of course.

      Needless to say, Malaeya knew that Celesse wanted to see if Jon Snow was worthy enough to fulfill their childhood dreams. Whereas, as awful as it may sound, Malaeya had always wanted more for her friend. Jon could have been the nicest, most handsome, caring gentleman around. But, seeing as his father had strangely never legitimized him, he was still a bastard. He could give Celesse nothing more than what she'd had all of her life. She'd go from Waters to Snow, and she deserved better. 

      As the rest of their party rolled in through the gates of Winterfell, in a river of gold, silver, crimson, and steel, one hundred strong, Malaeya was glad that her window was shut, unlike Celesse's. She didn't want any northern eyes upon her just yet. Though it was only a matter of seconds before the door to her wheelhouse was pulled open, and Ser Barristan helped her out once more.