𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

~͓̽~͓̽~

~͓̽~͓̽~

48 | ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ

𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐄𝐘𝐀

      𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄, 𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐄𝐘𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐍𝐎 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐌𝐀𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐎𝐑 𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐘-𝐈𝐍-𝐖𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆. Celesse was in King's Landing and a possible foe, she'd insisted her usual handmaiden stay at Storm's End for safety, and Dany had no abundance of servants in her array of soldiers, so she was alone. Only now did Malaeya realize that she had absolutely no idea how to style her own hair. 

      If that didn't rip the vale of naivety from her face, nothing would. She had always known that she was privileged, but she'd never actually sat and thought about just how much. 

      Not until she'd been woken for breakfast after a night full of lovemaking with her husband, did she realize. 

      Now, she sat at the same table from dinner, a silk robe around her bodice and her hair completely tangled. She could feel the eyes on her and hear the snickers, particularly from her uncle, as they took in the sight of her. 

      She might have been able to play it off as bedhead, had she not had a red bruise right on her jugular, thanks to Robb.

      Malaeya rolled her eyes, avoiding her father's stare with red cheeks as she stretched her arm forward and grabbed another platter of prawns. "You guys don't have any bacon?"

      Daenerys was once again feeding her son, looking at him with nothing but love. "This place has been abandoned for years. There was nothing but cobwebs and dust when I arrived. Everything we have The Unsullied caught and picked."

      The Stark hummed, thanking her husband as he handed her a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice. "You should visit the villages and buy some livestock -build bonds and invest in the people. It may be a small start, but if you wish to be queen, starting with the people is the best thing to do."

      Malaeya remembered when the people loved her, before her aunt poisoned their minds. She'd have a lot of reconciliation to do. 

      Tyrion poured himself a glass of wine, and the strong stench of it made her want to retch. "Only you would drink wine so early in the morning, Uncle."

      Tyrion smiled, lifting his chalice in salute before taking a sip. "Perhaps you should try some. It may unwind the knots your husband put in your back last night."

      Malaeya's lips parted, slightly shocked and flustered at his very public remark, and her father thumped his brother's ear. 

      Arianne laughed too. "You should not be embarrassed, Mal. You are married, and even if you were not, sex is completely normal. And it does wonders for the soul."