𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓*

~͓̽~͓̽~

~͓̽~͓̽~

28 | ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀꜱᴛ ᴅʀᴀɢᴏɴꜱ

𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐄𝐘𝐀
THE WATER GARDENS, DORNE

      "𝐈 𝐓𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐔𝐒 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒," 𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐄𝐘𝐀 𝐒𝐀𝐈𝐃, 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐃𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐔𝐏 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐇 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐘 𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐒. The pale blonde roots of her hair stood out from the rest of her black hair, as well as the black scarf around her head, the contrast almost making it seem platinum silver. The near fortnight traveling under the Dornish sun had kissed her skin, giving it a painful red under shade, but a beautiful golden tone.

      "Well, it was worth a try."

     Malaeya glared behind at Robb as he climbed up the hill, frowning in the sun. They had been riding for over a month, and the entire time, they were either silent or bickering. They had not even argued as much when they had first met and were still betrothed to one another. 

      Which honestly saddened Malaeya. She had been so devastated about his death, and ecstatic about his revival, that she wanted to do nothing more than to shower him with all of her love. 

      But he refused to take it. And she refused to give it, so long as he continued to behave as he was.

      "It was not," she told him, finally coming to the top of a grassy dune and exhaling. "We had to tell them our names."

       Robb rolled his eyes and climbed to the top as well. He was recovering remarkably fast. "They didn't believe us. We have nothing to worry about."

      "Or they did, and they just plan to inform my family of our whereabouts and collect their reward, instead of informing Prince Oberyn of our arrival."

      The Lannister stared across the horizon, trying to find some way in without causing a disruption. They had left Arya and The Hound below, instructing them to wait on their return.

      But she could see no way in. Every inch of the castle was guarded. Except the back entry by the sea, but there were mounted soldiers riding the distant shores. They would have to be quick if they wanted to go that route.

      "If we can get to the back entrance, by the sea, then maybe we can get the attention of whoever's in that chamber. It should be the Lord's Chamber."

      Robb followed the direction of her eyes, squinting his own. "Would you stop moving," he said, flinching from the sand that her feet kicked up.

      She rolled her eyes but stopped kicking the sand that she hadn't realized she was kicking.