𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

~͓̽~͓̽~

~͓̽~͓̽~

09 | ᴛʀᴜᴄᴇ

𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐄𝐘𝐀

      "𝐈'𝐕𝐄 𝐖𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐈𝐌 𝐓𝐖𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐏𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐃." Malaeya picked up a wicket basket filled with potatoes and walked alongside her best friend. "And I know he's gotten them because I sent them to the Crossroads Inn and the Red Keep."

      It had been a month since the royal party had departed, and Malaeya had fallen into a routine, albeit a boring one, but a routine, nevertheless.

      She awoke with sun before any of the Starks did, went for a jog with Star around the castle walls for a clear mind, and by the time that she had finished and taken her bath, breakfast was served so she made her way to the great hall.

      Other than the servants and men, only Robb and Rickon ate there. Lady Stark never left Bran's side and everyone else had gone. She and Robb didn't speak to each other besides an occasional greeting, but Rickon had found himself trailing behind the Lannister as if she were his own mother or sister. She didn't blame him. All of the women in his family were gone or preoccupied and her cousins were gone as well, so they both enjoyed each other's company. 

      In fact, Rickon was the only other person besides she and Celesse who knew about Star. The young boy was adorable, but he was clingy. And because Lady Stark understandably refused to function, the responsibilities of the castle fell onto Robb, acting Lord of Winterfell, and he couldn't run the castle with a sniffling boy clutching onto his legs. 

      So, Malaeya didn't mind watching him throughout the day until dinner. She'd bring the boy and his wolf to her chambers after breakfast, and they would feed her hyper lion. She made Rickon swear not to tell a soul about the cub, and the mischievous boy was all too happy to promise. 

      Though it didn't matter. Star had grown and as such had become restless. She'd need more than a single walk a day. So, Malaeya would just have to strap on her big-girl-trousers and tell her betrothed about her pet. Besides, it wasn't like Robb scared her. 

      The two women entered the hot kitchen filled with toiling servants and wenches who worked hard to prepare lunch. Celesse sighed and placed her basket down. "I don't think he'll answer as long as you keep asking him about your mother." She grabbed a knife and began peeling the potatoes. "He said it himself. He's too cowardly to talk to you about her."