𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎

~͓̽~͓̽~

~͓̽~͓̽~

62 | ɪɴ ꜱᴄʀᴇᴀᴍɪɴɢ ʀᴇᴅ

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆
KING'S LANDING

      𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄. And so had the Prince Who Was Promised. Rhaela's wing's flapped against heavy snow as her rider circled the place where she knew King's Landing to be. But all that she could see were dunes of white snow. She couldn't see the Pit or the Sept. Not even the Keep. All that she saw through the moon's light was a narrow path leading in the directions of where she knew the buildings to be. 

       If it were not for slushed crashing of the Blackwater Bay, she would not have recognized it. 

      "Drogon's grown weary," Daenerys yelled as they lowered on the snow of Rhaenys' Hill. "They need to rest." So did she. With her own exhaustion paired with her Mount's that she could feel through the bond, it was a wonder that she was still standing. 

     Jon nodded in agreement. His lips were purple with coldness. "Rhaegon is too!" Even though they had landed, the howling of the winds of winter still assumed dominance. 

      Malaeya exhaled, reaching into the pocket of her trousers. "I have enough for one more night." She swirled the vial around. They knew that meant Bran did too. "Tomorrow, the war comes whether we're rested or not."

        Her voice trembled in shiver and fear.

       The three of them looked towards their mounts. They were already asleep and getting covered in the falling snow. 

      Malaeya pulled a bit of lumber out of her bag and laid them in a circle. Then she removed her glove, outstretched her arm, and watched as gilded flame shot from her fingers and onto the wood.

       "That should keep them comfortable."

      The three of them turned towards the trail and looked in the direction of Aegon's Hill.

      "Well," Dany said, patting her sister's shoulder, "clear us a way."

       The eldest of the trio walked ahead, melting ice upon ice until they could see red stone. It looked as though they'd been trying to keep the watch towers clean. 

      "Who goes there?" The voice was muffled over the snow, but recognizable. 

     "Daenerys!"