𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

~͓̽~͓̽~

~͓̽~͓̽~

35 | ʙᴜʀɴ ɪᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ

𝐑𝐎𝐁𝐁

      𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐄'𝐃 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐑. When his eyes closed, he saw blood. He saw blank faces and dead bodies. He saw bruises and welts. The blood of his father's chopped head, the blank face of his dead mother, and the welted skin that he knew Sansa probably had from her time at court. 

      He could no longer sleep. Until he got Malaeya.

      He'd never known such peace as when he slept with her in his arms. Not since he'd been a small boy, afraid of his own shadow, and had found solace in his mother's arms. 

      When he had her in his arms, and he smelt the lemon lavender of her pale hair, the chaos of the world disappeared. There was nothing but him and her, and the sweet dreams that he only got with her. Dreams of their life together. Raising his siblings together. Along with seven children of their own, with brown, black, golden, and silver hair. Green, violet, blue, brown, and grey eyes. The perfect mixture of them both. 

      So, it did not take long for him to realize that she was late returning from her talk with Lana. 

      He rose from his somber spot in bed and made his way down the palace. His recent traumas had turned him into a cynic. He didn't believe in gods. He'd prayed to them to save his father and mother, and they had not answered. He only believed in Malaeya. Because he'd seen the magic she had. 

      And yet he could not help but feel as if there was something greater, telling him to search for his wife. To protect her. 

      His chest was tight as his eyes flicked over every corner and hall he passed. 

      She was to ride off to war in just an hour, and she had not come to see him goodbye. It was natural to be worried. 

      But that worry turned to fear when he'd checked over ten halls, including Celesse's room and the library, and found her in neither. 

      He felt like his heart had stopped, and just before he started off in a sprint towards Viserys' and Jaime's chambers, he saw a familiar face.

      "Lady Elayna!" he called her, rather loudly. He grabbed her wrist as she attempted to walk past him, but he quickly released it when he saw her frightened eyes.