𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄

~͓̽~͓̽~

~͓̽~͓̽~

61 | ᴀ ɢʟɪᴍᴍᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ʜᴏᴘᴇ

      ROBB STARK WAS STRUGGLING TO SLEEP IN HIS BED. He tossed and turned, flipping over his feather pillow. He had just sat up to down a few sips of his vial of Nightshade.

      Jaime Lannister was standing over the city, staring out at the balcony. He hadn't got many nights of sleep since her departure. He worried for her.

      And after his heavy conversation with her husband, he needed a moment of solace.

      Sansa Stark was sipping Skagosi wine with her two younger siblings. They'd finished tucking in their nephews and niece and had returned to the greenhouse for their nightly reminiscence.

      But all of them were frozen in their deeds when the world seemed to be lit ablaze.

      Their ear rang as thunder seemed to boom, and their eyes squinted as crimson lightning gave them a small glimpse of the bright world they'd lost.

      All of them stood and stared. None of them knew why, but the lightning struck no fear in them. It wasn't dark or frightening. It was bright and enlightening.

      It was a glimmer of hope.

      And they all had an inkling of who'd given it to them.

      "Mal," the word was uttered by five different pairs of lips. And then the darkness returned. But a bit of the fear had left their hearts.

      In King's Landing, Robb and Jaime heard the rising rattles of the dead. They were angry.

      And in the depths of the dead army, the king shifted his cold eyes to the sky. A small smile grew on his lips. 

Author's Note: Just two more chapters now. A battle and an aftermath. Then the epilogue, but it doesn't count as a chapter I don't think. Are yall ready? Any final predictions? The seeds of foreshadowing have all been planted now.