𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

~͓̽~͓̽~

~͓̽~͓̽~

43 | ʀᴇᴄᴏᴠᴇʀ ɴᴏᴛ ʀᴇꜱᴛ

𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐄𝐘𝐀
STORM'S END

      𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐄𝐘𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐈𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐏 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐇. Without Qyburn to keep her alive, her wounds had worsened. When she was a hostage, he only ever did enough work to where she wouldn't bleed out or die from infection. But never did he allow her to truly heal. So, it made sense that - with nothing but a rowboat, a bag of bread, a wineskin of water, and Gendry - her health was worse for wear. 

      She'd slept the entire journey down the Wendwater, and only awoke because they had to walk the rest of the way. Though to be honest, Gendry did most of the walking. She mainly stumbled and rested on his shoulders. 

     She was worried that she would miss them, but as soon as they passed Bronzegate, she saw the tents lining the lands. Such a big camp could only mean that they were there. They had the Skagosi, the Dornish, and the remaining Tyrells. An army well over a hundred thousand. Whereas Cersei had maybe seventy thousand. It would be an easy battle.

      Somewhere in between coming to the gates of the gigantic tower of Storm's End and announcing themselves, she had fallen unconscious again. Her loose stitches had ripped after her trek south.

      When she finally opened her eyes, she was afraid that she had dreamt the whole thing. That she hadn't escaped at all and would find herself back in a Black Cell or back in her red room, bound and gagged. But what she found was much better.

      She was in a room with dank grey walls and cobwebs. There was a single window and no balcony, and the bed was soft. Though it smelled a bit old. 

      Across from her, sat in a chair with his arms folded and his head lolled back in sleep, was her husband. 

      She hadn't seen him in months. She hadn't felt happiness in months. Only pain, anger, and anguish, especially after losing her child. 

      But she did feel happiness when she looked at him. It wasn't enough to take away the pain of her grief, but it was enough to coexist with it. She felt equal happiness and equal grief. 

      Malaeya could tell he was exhausted from the dark circles under his eyes. He likely hadn't been able to sleep well without her for her past few months. It was for that reason that she didn't want to wake him. 

      But when she attempted to sit up, completely unaware of the bowl of herbs beside her face, she knocked it down to the floor with a loud clatter. 

      Robb jumped, startled awake as he looked around warily.

      When he saw her sitting halfway up, eyes open, his own widened. "Malaeya!" He shouted rather loudly and walked briskly over to her.