𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

~͓̽~͓̽~

~͓̽~͓̽~

08 | ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʟᴠᴇꜱ

𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐄𝐘𝐀

      𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐄𝐘𝐀 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐘 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐎𝐒. She, like everyone else in the castle, had been startled awake by the sound of Lady Stark's heartbreaking scream, followed by multiple others. Her heart had sped up and she'd grabbed her favorite dagger from her desk and ran towards the commotion. 

      She had not combed her hair or even changed from her cotton nightdress. Though now that she stood in the cold northern morning air with only a simple thin dress on, she regretted it. 

      "What's happening?" she asked Celesse who too stood outside of the castle in her nightdress.

      "No idea," Celesse said. "I think someone's died."

      Malaeya's breath fogged as she looked around. The entire Stark family, Ser Rodrick, and a Maester stood crowded around a spot on the ground. Her father and Aunt stood behind her, closer to the castle walls so that they could feel its warmth 

      But when her father caught sight of her, he walked over to her. "You should get inside before you catch a cold." He didn't have a cloak to give her. 

      Malaeya looked over the people again, counting them all. She counted Lord and Lady Stark, Ser Rodrick, a Maester, Robb, Jon, Sansa, Arya, and Theon who held Rickon, shielding his face from whatever it was that everyone was looking at. But she didn't see Bran.

      Now she understood why Lady Stark sounded so heartbroken. 

      Malaeya looked up at her father's emerald eyes. "Is Bran dead?" Her tangled hair flowed around her pale face and down her clothed back, making her look more vulnerable than she would have allowed herself to if she hadn't been scared awake. 

      Jaime sighed, pulling her away from the scene and back into the castle. "I don't know. Apparently, he's fallen from a tower." His eyes glanced back over at the Stark family as they carried a limp Bran over in their direction. "I don't see how a boy of ten could survive such things."

      He and Malaeya both stepped aside and watched as they rushed the unconscious boy into the halls of the castle. Bran, his parents, and the Maester disappeared into a chamber, leaving the rest of the Stark family to look on hopelessly.