ᴇᴅᴅ

A Tale of Wolves, Lions, and Dragons
- by Archmaester Alvon Redwyne

***

***

𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐍 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐇 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐇 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝟑𝟎𝟎 𝐀𝐂, 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐍 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆'𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐓𝐎 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐑𝐎𝐁𝐁 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐄𝐘𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐊, 𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐄𝐃𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐊 - 𝐎𝐑 𝐄𝐃𝐃𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒 - 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐆𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐈𝐑 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐃𝐒.

Named after his slain paternal grandfather, Lord Eddard Stark, he was the eldest of the eight children that Their Graces, Robb and Malaeya, sired. As the firstborn, he was raised by his loving parents for duty and ruling. He was the Crown Prince of the North, heir to his paternal fortune, to be King in the North and Lord of Winterfell.

However, true to the name given to him by The People - The Rogue Prince (a jest to his maternal ancestor: Daemon Targaryen) -, he was wayward in his ways, rebellious and promiscuous.

He had a hot temper and was known to be rather cruel from time to time, always eager to get his knuckles bloody. Quite a few claimed to have seen him beat a man bloody in Winter Town, at the young age of six and ten, because he'd looked at his sister - Princess Rhaella - the wrong way.

Many said that he was the way he was, because he was conceived in the South, during a long and bloody war, and then born in the South. He was heir to the North, but he was more Southern than Northern.

Some claimed that he had inherited too much of his mother's Targaryen heritage and was prone to madness. As such, many nobles and commoners alike would have preferred his younger brother - Prince Visaias - to rule as the next king. But his parents were stern in their choice - as they had been trying to enforce their new genderless primogeniture law. Edd was the firstborn, and he was to be the king.

Though perhaps the pressure became too much for him. Because at the young age of nine and ten, he moved away to the Westerlands - his maternal ancestral region in the South - and was said to have lived a life of lavishness.

He drank wine, built a palace on a hill, hosted balls, frequented brothels, and even, allegedly, hosted a party where he and the guests exchanged sexual favors, regardless of gender.

Three years later, at the age of two and twenty, he sent his mother a raven, informing her that he'd abdicated his fortune as Crown Prince of the North and Lord of Winterfell, and wished his younger brother, Visaias, well. The Queen Consort suspected coercion and mounted her cobalt and black dragon - Rhaela - and traveled to the Westerlands, only to find that his words were in fact his words.

The Rogue Prince would never be a Rogue King.  That made the Northern people rejoice.

Despite his mother's pleas, he never returned North, nor did he settle down. It was rumored that he did join his family annually at their blue home in Naath.

At the age of three and thirty, he and his favorite paramour, Nina Hill, and their bastard son, Aron Hill, mounted his dragon - Tyraxes- and flew east, abandoning his palace. He did not return to Westeros again until the funeral of his father in the year 366 AC, and then again in the year 378 AC for his mother's.

A tavern wench named Traci Snow, a friend of the Queen Consort Malaeya, claimed to have heard the Queen say, "He worries me. He reminds me of Oberyn Martell. - a lavish, rogue man, who had a not so lavish death all too soon."

Whispers claim that he died soon after his mother, in the year 382 AC, alone in a tavern with a tankard of ale in his hand.