𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

~͓̽~͓̽~

~͓̽~͓̽~

16 | ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴅɪɢᴀʟ ꜱᴏɴ ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴꜱ

𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐒
DRAGONSTONE, WESTEROS

      𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐒' 𝐋𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐂 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐄, 𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐓 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐇𝐄'𝐃 𝐌𝐄𝐓 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐆𝐎𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐒. He hadn't seen it since he was a boy, so his memories were vague. But it met every standard he'd ever created in his mind. They hadn't planned on stopping, but only a madman would try to sail in the storm that was coming. 

      When his boots touched the wet sands, it felt like magic. Like destiny. His entire life, he'd wanted nothing more than to return to his home. And now, he'd docked from Essos onto Dragonstone, just like his ancestors before him.

      And just like Aegon, he'd take the Seven Kingdoms. Oh, just they wait. 

      "Put this on, Your Grace."

      Viserys' silver hair whipped in the winds as he turned to Oberyn. The Dornish man held a hooded cloak. "There's no one here," he said. 

      Oberyn nodded. "No, but there's a ship en route, from White Harbor. It'll be commoners and lowborns, but we must be safe. Ever since your family's massacre, Dragonstone has become a common resting place on the way to King's Landing. And with this storm, there will probably be more nearby ships docking and people occupying the deserted castle."

      The Targaryen sighed, but he took the cloak, nevertheless. He concealed his hair completely and lowered his head. "I thought Stannis Baratheon was granted lordship of this castle."

      Oberyn nodded. "He was, but he stays in Storm's Ends whilst Gendry serves Robert's small council in King's Landing."

      In truth, Viserys didn't care about the treasonous Baratheon brothers. They'd all end up the same when he had his throne. Spiked heads on his city walls. "Let's go," he said. "The sooner I get to my chambers, the sooner we'll be safe."

      A few Dornish guards pulled open the giant doors, but he didn't have time to admire it. He could hear the ship's bells ringing. "I'll bring your supper myself," Oberyn said. "I'd advise you not to leave your chambers under any circumstances. We'll leave the moment the storm eases, but we cannot risk you being seen by the wrong eyes."  

      "Yes, I know." Viserys had grown agitated with being cowered away. After they'd left Braavos, he hadn't been able to leave his cabin until they were in the open sea away from nearby ships.