𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

~͓̽~͓̽~

~͓̽~͓̽~

58 | ᴀᴜɴᴛ ᴍᴀʟ 

𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐄𝐘𝐀

A MONTH LATER

      FOR THE PAST MOON, the snow had not stopped falling, nor had the sun come back. She and her Valyrian Sisters did as best as they could to contain the buildup of snow hills outside of the walls via fire, but sometimes it fell too hard for them to even see.

      They had not yet run out of rations, as most of the food was frozen. It was an unexpected blessing from the harsh winter. 

      Still, she wanted to stock as much food as possible, and had ordered weekly ranging trips into other woods and old farms, making sure to avoid the Kingswood.

      They sometimes found fruit, squirrels, and mushrooms. But it wasn't enough to feed the growing number of dragons. Three more eggs had hatched within the pit, and they were growing unusually fast. 

      Malaeya expected it had something to do with the literal magic on the air.

      To sustain their growth, they would need a good meal, and soon. 

      She'd thought about taking them to Essos for a trip and coming back. Though she couldn't risk leaving her people. Especially when she didn't even know whether or not Essos had better conditions than they did.

      "Your Grace," Wyler - her Sworn Shield - approached her, face thinner and more aged. Probably more than it would have been had he not been under so much stress. He'd just turned seven and ten.

      "The rangers have returned. King Robb is returning from Hayford Castle. As are Queen Daenerys and King Jon from Rosby and Stokeworth. We need to be leaving if we hope to make it back to the Kingswood in time for the fight."

      Malaeya exhaled, still keeping her fishing pole in the hole in the ice that gave way to water.

      Every so often, she led a troop of rangers and soldiers to The Rush for fish and ice. All the fish in the Godswood were gone.

      She missed the Godswood of Winterfell. She missed her children. She missed Robbs. 

      They had not parted on good terms. He was angry at her for nearly dying on one of the attacks. She'd jumped in front of a Wight's grasp, stopping him from gnarling through Wyler's chest. She'd gotten a deep cut on her side, but it was healing. It wasn't with a Walker's ice spear, so she was fine.