𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

~͓̽~͓̽~

~͓̽~͓̽~

53 | ʟᴏɴɢ ᴍᴀʏ ꜱʜᴇ ʀᴇɪɢɴ

𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐄𝐘𝐀

      𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐄𝐘𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐘. She still hadn't seen much of it, but she had seven months to change that. And she wasn't wasting any time. 

      The hot summer sun beat down on her and her sisters and Missandei as they walked the crowded streets. They needed dresses for Daenerys' coming coronation, and Malaeya had insisted that they visit local ones, in order to support small businesses and to build relationships with the people. 

      So, she, Dany, Arianne, Missandei, and Sansa approached the first one they'd seen. Of course, they had brought a few soldiers with them for protection, as there were crowds of people surrounding them, having recognized the silver heads, and the ginger head of Sansa who'd spent quite a bit of time in the city herself. And none of them were sure as to how they'd be received. The last time she'd been there, they'd wanted her dead. They still very well could. 

      "This is where Queen Margaery had her dress made for her wedding to Joffrey." Sansa glanced up at the red-roofed building. "Lady Thaline owns it. She wasn't very big before Margaery, but I hear that she's in demand now."

      Daenerys quirked a brow, looking around past the shoulders of Ser Barristan, the Lord Commander of her Queensguard - which so far only consisted of Ser Jorah and Ser Barristan.

      "Shouldn't we go to another then?" The uncrowned Queen asked. "You know," she looked at her sister, "to give them the attention as well."

     Malaeya nodded, smiling. "I think that's a perfect idea." She held onto her hips. "Plus, I really have to pee, so the faster the better." Her baby was small, yet it gave her bladder no reprieve.

      Sansa pointed to another building across the street. "There's Lady Eyla's shop. She's old, so people don't really see her anymore. They say her hands shake and that she pricks them. But I heard that she made Princess Elia's wedding dress when she married Prince Rhaegar."

      Daenerys, Malaeya, and Arianne all simultaneously smiled. "That one," they said together.

      "Queen Daenerys!" A man shouted, approaching the front of the loud crowd and drawing their attention. "My wife makes excellent dresses! She works in Flea Bottom!"

      "You Grace!" Another woman shouted, sticking her arm out like all the rest. "If a crown's what you need, my son works as an armor's apprentice right past Rhaenys' Hill! He can make you one of steel, fit for your strength!"

      Malaeya glanced at them all past the soldiers' shoulders as they walked. They were all dirty, and all apparently needed money. She couldn't wait until the first Small Council meeting later. She had plenty of ideas for the North that she would share with Dany.