seven. immunity by association

STEP ???: GO TO WASHINGTON

The blazers are hideous. Absolutely hideous. They're yellow and ugly and they looked like a seven-year-old's vomit — Nina hated it, every single aspect of it, so much that she refused to wear it unless she absolutely needed to.

Mr. Harrington was obviously not a very great designer - she made a mental note to do something about that later.

The girl grips her luggage tighter when she sees Flash's eyes trailed on her bag, looking at the boy with an annoyed sigh. "What's your problem, weirdo?"

He gulps, eyes still on her bag. "That's a Michael Clarke's Louis Vuitton Luxury Trunk."

"Yeah, I'm rich, Flash." Nina groans, wanting to go inside the bus and fall asleep - she was still quite tired. "It's been established."

Flash still looks surprised, "But that's like... a hundred seventy grand."

Before Nina could make a remark about how Flash knew way too much about bags, Abe had suddenly yelled out of nowhere. "Hey, it's Peter!"

At the mention of his name, Nina turns around a little too quickly,  watching as the familiar (and cute) face of Peter Parker strolled down the pathway. "Guys," he states out, not breathless like Nina thought he'd be.

"Peter?" Liz mirrors the same confusion everyone's feeling at the moment.

"Yeah, I was hoping maybe I could rejoin the team."

Nina raises her brow at the statement. He has a lot of nerve showing up the day that they're supposed to arrive at D.C unannounced after he'd quit the team which was how she'd gotten her spot - so what, he's just gonna steal it?

Flash, who was standing right beside her snaps out of his dace and walks forward to face Peter. "No, no way. You can't just quit on us, stroll up, and be welcomed back by everyone."

As much as she disliked the boy, he was right. Sure, she didn't really give a fuck about the decathlon considering she'd be focusing on the weird weapon guys Illiana was weirdly obsessed with for the duration of the trip, she was suddenly very defensive - was Peter gonna take her position?

"Hey, welcome back, Peter." Mr. Harrington smiled giddily, "You're at first alternate. Flash, you're just backup now."

Good. He isn't taking her spot. Granted the chance of Nina not being at the decathlon was quite high, she still appreciated the fact that Mr. Harrington thought that she was smarter than Peter. Gave her a huge ego boost.

"What?" Flash breathed out, expression lost.

Abe smirked. "He's taking your place."

"Excuse me, can we go already?" the voice of a girl Nina was too uninterested to get to know called out from the back. "Cause I was hoping to get in some light protesting in front of one of the embassies before dinner, so..."