ten. nina valkin and the fountain of trust issues

IF EVERYTHING HADN'T BEEN AS FRANTIC AS IT WAS, the girl was a hundred percent sure that Flash's revelation might have sent her into a full blown panic attack right there at the waiting stall, but the two teachers responsible for them on the trip ...

IF EVERYTHING HADN'T BEEN AS FRANTIC AS IT WAS, the girl was a hundred percent sure that Flash's revelation might have sent her into a full blown panic attack right there at the waiting stall, but the two teachers responsible for them on the trip ushered the class over - telling them to hurry up and get off their asses since apparently, they were running late to this boat ride that was supposed to lead them to the hotel.

Peter could see that the girl was stressed - it was her heartbeat that tipped him off; the boy had been so reacquainted with the soft pitter patter and hearing it thudding against her chest sent him into a full on alert mode, but, he also understood the fact that she didn't want to be around him at the moment, so he kept his distance - far enough to let her ease her mind a bit but not far enough for him to be unable to hear her heartbeat.

She doesn't talk to him at the hotel.

She doesn't talk to him at all, actually. To make things even worse, everyone was all coupled up. Ned and Betty stuck together like peas in a pod, Alaska and MJ were probably talking about something he didn't understand - and, in normal circumstances, he and Nina would've stuck together by default - but of course she had to find out about his deal with her father at the worst possible time. Of course.

Deep down, he knew that Matty would cause a problem and he was right. Peter watches as tourists — including them — throng the square, outnumbered only by gluttonous pigeons. The Clock Tower rises over the entrance to the Merceria, the main shopping street leading to the Rialto, and stands in a direct line of sight to the columns on the Molo, at the end of the piazzetta.

It's beautiful. If May was there at that very moment, she'd get mad at him and tell him to enjoy the scenery while he's there - but there was nothing else he could focus on, nothing, except on the sight of Nina Valkin engaging in a conversation with none the other than the person he was beginning to hate more and more.

With a forced sigh, the boy takes his phone from his pocket, scrolling through his gallery to find the picture of the necklace he had spotted a few months ago, and is hit with inspiration.

He tries to ignore the sound of laughs coming out of Nina's mouth, and instead, hops through a ridiculous amount of stairs and begins his journey on the shopping street.

"—cant believe Thompson speaks Italian," her eyes drift over towards her left, where Peter had previously stood at. Nina was now completely distracted on whatever Matty had to say - now realizing that Peter was a sensitive boy, guilt flooding her after she deliberately decided to laugh way harder than she was supposed to when she felt his eyes on hers.

Ignoring him was hard enough; and now he was sulking. She was supposed to like this - she had every right to be mad at Peter, but as time passed by, that annoyance began to hang on a thread, disappearing minute by minute.

Her eyes snap away from the area crowded by tourists that Peter had disappeared into, another wave of guilt hitting her, but this time, it wasn't directed at the certain curly haired boy who bas been flooding her mind.