thirteen. the importance of web fluid

THE WEEK HAD PASSED BY PRETTY SMOOTHLY, and soon enough, everyone has forgotten about the whole Spider-Man fiasco and decided to focus on what seemed to be the most important even as of the moment: Homecoming

Granted, the first day drove her insane. Three more boys asked her out - but the one who stood out the most (not in a good way) was a senior, who got a pretty public humiliation from Liz and Betty when he, an ninteen year old (according to Liz, she was his classmate in a lot of classes and he had to repeat a grade) had asked out a girl who had just turned fifteen to a dance while making perverted comments that made Nina want to ruin his life.

And she did - not an hour later, she marched up to Principal Morita's office and had him expelled.

"About time he got expelled." Liz pointed out a few hours after the news broke out in school. "He's such a creep. He kept on making girls uncomfortable in P.E class."

"His friends need to leave, too." Betty grumbled, taking a very aggressive bite out of her pizza. "I hate the senior boys. Flash is an asshole but at least he isn't a pig."

Instinctively, the three of them look towards where Flash Thompson usually sat at, only to see the boy sticking out his foot to make— you guessed it— Peter Parker trip slightly. He didn't fall though, much to Nina's dismay.

Peter, oh so observant, caught the three gazes almost immediately. Even from a distance, Nina had spotted the rollercoaster of emotions that ran through his eyes all at once - first, pure annoyance as he glanced at Nina first, then his cheeks turned a soft shade of pink as Liz stared at him with her eyebrows furrowed in concern, then finally, awkwardness as Betty shot him a tight smile.

"Maybe Flash has a crush on Peter," Betty pointed out once the lanky (Nina refused to believe that Peter Parker had muscles so she will continue to think of him as lanky) boy ran over towards one of the less crowded tables with his friend, Ned, and Michelle. "You go out of your way to make someone's life miserable unless you really like them."

"Or you're obsessed." Liz added.

"Yeah, obsessed."

Somehow, Nina found herself growing defense at the statement. "What it Flash just hates Parker... y'know? Or maybe it's a power play? A way of trying to be the center of attention?"

"Nah, Flash is obsessed."

"Obsessed." Betty clarifies once more.

When the day ended, Nina found herself craving for one of Delmar's sandwiches once again. The girl thought about it all the fucking time - she's starting to wonder if it's becoming a genuine problem.

Nevertheless, she walks over to the Deli with Betty, who happens to leave nearby, by her side when classes ended. Betty had expressed her views of thinking that Delmar's was a tad bit too overrated, so Nina had used her powers onto the girl to condition her mind that Delmar made the best sandwiches she's ever eaten.