nine. peter the parasite

SHE DOES HER BEST, TRYING TO AVOID HIM

SHE DOES HER BEST, TRYING TO AVOID HIM. But Peter was like a parasite. Whenever she'd go, he'd be there - he's at the parking lot, with his friends, MJ and Ned. He's at the airport - standing close to her, not attempting to make any conversation but she could feel his eyes on hers, eyes burning behind her head.

But there was only a few times you can avoid someone - especially being in close proximity with him.

It happened while Nina struggled to throw her ridiculously heavy carry on bag on the top compartment - and soon, she feels his presence beside her, warm eyes watching her struggle to carry the bag. "You need help?"

His voice makes her go stiff; her jaw clenched in a mixture of annoyance and, despite how she doesn't want to admit it, pain.

"I almost killed my dad's warrior friend this morning."

Confused at the sudden change of conversation topic, Peter raises a brow, "What?"

Finally managing to put her luggage up without Peter's help, Nina dusted her hands, before her eyes shot daggers at the boy in front of her. "I can handle shit on my own. Dad's not watching - you can stop watching over me now. The act is over. Go."

That last sentence alone sends Peter in full blown panic mode. He'd never dreamed of something like this happening. Okay, maybe that's a little bit exaggerated, but he had a plan. Nina wasn't supposed to find it out like this - cause when the girl is pissed, she is pissed.

He knew it was his fault for not telling her as soon as Druig told him to keep an eye on her, so maybe he did deserve what Nina was about to give to him a tiny teeny bit, but he needed to make her understand that—

"Nina! Lemme show you something. Come here." Betty Brants voice pierces through the air. Peter has never felt annoyance towards the girl before - Betty was literally one of the nicest people he's ever encountered, but at that moment, when she interrupted his very elaborate plan to explain everything, he suddenly had this urge to roll his eyes at the girl.

"Nina," he tried reaching out once again, before the situation escalates into something that wasn't supposed to happen, something bigger - when it can easily be solved in minutes. "I can explain—"

"Don't bother," She told Peter, abruptly moving away. She turned to the boy and looked at him straight in the eye, head held high, voice colder than ever. "I'm not mad. I'm not. All I'm saying is that my dad will probably be busy for a few days, he won't keep any tabs on me on the trip since we agreed on that, so go back to your friends and stop pretending, I'll stay with mine. Mind your own business, I'll be minding mine."

Nina turned around, not looking back, leaving Peter standing there, looking like a grade-A loser.

"Hey," Great. Peter turns around, trying to hide his frustration with a tight smile. Out of all people, seriously, out of all people. "You all right, man?" Matty asks, eyebrows furrowed in genuine concern towards the boy.