eighteen. germany

THE SUN IS OUT AND SHINING BY THE TIME THEY ARRIVE IN BERLIN

THE SUN IS OUT AND SHINING BY THE TIME THEY ARRIVE IN BERLIN. At first, Nina thought that Peter would be swinging the two of them all the way to Berlin since he was fast, compared to all those trains. Still, the boy had sort of given up mid-way since he had absolutely zero sense of direction, so the two of them just opted to jump on top of a train - all set to arrive in a couple of hours.

Once the two of them jump off the train and land on the cement just outside the station, the two teens are hit with a realization, yet again, that they do not know where the fuck they're headed or what plan they have.

Peter, naturally friendly to everyone, walks over to a woman like it was the most casual encounter ever and says, "Excuse me. Do you know where—"

In a thick German accent, the woman yells, "Night Monkey!" and bolts away like her life depends on it.

"No, wait, I didn't..." a dejected sigh leaves his lips once the woman has successfully bolted away from the two of them, leaving Peter and Nina with a bunch of other people who wouldn't even step in a mile radius. "Oh, man."

As if on cue, a black car pulls up in front of them - the window rolling down to reveal a very pissed-looking Nick Fury at the wheel, his voice stark and cold as he says, "Get in."

Without a second thought, Peter climbs up the front of the car, which Nina was thankful for, given her very evident displeasure for Nick Fury. It was basically a miracle that Fury has found them that quickly, but nonetheless, Nina is happy. Despite being the big asshole that he was, Fury was on their side.

Once Fury hit on the pedal, the two of them reveal their identities - Peter pulls off his mask while the nanotech suit automatically retracts its helmet, giving Nina a little bit of air to breathe.

"Mr. Fury!" Peter exclaims in relief.

"You two have a lot of explaining to do," Fury deadpans in a flat tone.

"No, no, no, listen-"

The man holds up a finger to silence Peter. "Wait until we're secure."

"Why the fuck do we need to wait?" Nina questions, feeling her chest burn with annoyance (an emotion she has been feeling a lot recently.)

"I said wait, Miss Valkin."

"This is urgent," Nina persists, leaning against the chair to step closer to Fury as if it would make her point clearer. "There's no point in waiting. You're just wasting time. If Peter and I explained all the shit that has happened during the past few hours then you'd understand that a lot of people's lives are potentially at a big risk and -"

"Does she really talk this much?" Fury sighs, sounding very tired. On any other occasion, Nina would be proud that she's managed to make him look like that, but now wasn't the time - they had a bigger problem on their hands.