eleven. sticky boy

WATCHING IN BOTH A MIXTURE OF CONFUSION and more confusion, Nina hovers by the top of the building - flying mid air as she examined the man and his weird powers

WATCHING IN BOTH A MIXTURE OF CONFUSION and more confusion, Nina hovers by the top of the building - flying mid air as she examined the man and his weird powers. He was definitely helping them, the only person actually putting damage into the giant water monster that was continuously destroying everything around it, but she was still puzzled; how was it that she and Peter couldn't do anything while this man managed to do everything?

"Excuse me, sir?" The girl hears Peter yell out - sticking onto the walls, "I—I can help. Let me help. I'm really strong, and I'm sticky! Wait, actually, my friend is way stronger than me so—"

"I need you to lead it away from the canals!" The person - the man, replies hastily.

"I'll get the civilians safe and try to minimize any damage," Nina interjects without missing a single beat, zooming past the mist flying around her.

She's always been a fighter - all her life, Nina hurt people; because that was what she was good at. It was her forte; causing destruction for others, making her mothers enemies write out in pain, them begging for themselves be killed instead of having to deal with that pain... it's a giant contrast to what she was now; a protector, a helper - and somehow, it felt way better than having to stab an alien through it's mouth.

While Peter and unknown green guy does their respective jobs, Nina keeps herself busy by exerting all her focus on mind controlling each civilian she sees - commanding their brains to get the hell out of there an run towards safety. Chunks of debris fly at her, knocking people off their feet, but there really isn't anything she can do except command them to get the hell away.

It's a bit more fulfilling - again, she only realizes that now.

At some point, she even finds the group of students that she shared a plane ride with - tagging along with their two teachers; plus, an already awake Brad and a very uncomfortable looking Matty beside him.

Glancing to her left, she notices that the guy with his weird mist and awful cape begins to lead the giant creature made out water away from it's most powerful point at the canals - where it's surrounded with water. But that had meant that her school group was in danger, and no matter how much she disliked Brad Davis at the moment, she didn't actually want him dead.

Nina tries to stay as hidden as she could be from the group, knowing well that those freaks on Reddit might connect the dots about Mendax being in Italy, and her being a sort of public figure since she'll forever be known as Tony Stark's personal intern, but as she slowly takes over Mr. Harrington's mind, Mr. Dell spots her, alerting everyone of her presence mid air.

"Mendax?" One of the senior girls asks her, pure confusion written on her face. "What are you doing here?"

Thankful for the voice altering software Tony has installed in her suit (he knew that she was quite chatty at the worst times), Nina avoided suspicion by replying a, "Avengers duties!" Before mind controlling them one by one to run away from the direct line of fire and back into safety - away from the Water Monster's wrath.