one. right back where we started

"NEED I REMIND YOU, YOU ARE AN ASSISTANT

"NEED I REMIND YOU, YOU ARE AN ASSISTANT. You aren't a boss, or anyone's boss, for that matter." Although he wasn't outright yelling at her, Nina could see that the five foot three man was trying his best not to lose his shit, accented by the way a thick blob of sweat trickles down his forehead. "Your job is to assist me. Not go behind my back and speak for the PR team when—"

"Cause your ideas are stupid."

"You're a sixteen year old girl, god knows why Potts hired you, probably cause of Stark or something, and I have a Bachelors Degree in Public Relations, so I know what I'm doing." Spit comes out from his mouth whenever he'd over enunciate a word, "If it was up to me, I would've fired you. No one here likes you."

Something about those words stirred up something low and angry inside her, something that jolted through her and made the hairs on her body prick up.

"Maybe nobody likes you, huh?" The girl threw the ball back into his field, aggressively pushing the paperwork into his chest. "You're always in a shit mood. You're a really shitty employee. You put zero effort into everything you do here and take the credits on my ideas and there's no way you're proud of that."

Happy, who walked down to their floor to check on Nina (as Pepper's orders say) watches with wide eyes as the scene unfolds. Her cheeks were burning red; a telltale sign that she was not happy. "Nina—"

"Look at you! You do nothing!" Nina points at him, too fueled by aggression to even care that she was in a room full of employees, attention now on her. "Look at you! Look at your hair! You don't even do your hair cause you don't have any hair! You're bald!"

Happy decides to jump in, arm clasping around the teenager's. "Nina—"

The girl slapped him away, continuing her rain fire on the guy. To be fair, everything was pent up from the six weeks she's spent working under him, and it was spilling out of her and she couldn't control it. "You know why your wife left you? Because bald men are gross, and they're disgusting, and especially those who make forty thousand dollars a year and steal ideas from their sixteen year old employees!"

"Nina!" Happy yelled harshly, which was enough to turn the girl quiet. He had never yelled at her - never - even when she was a grade A bitch all those months ago, and to be frank, it was quite intimidating.

"Morgan's here to see you. Kid's been looking for you for five minutes now." he pointed to the glass doors - and low and behold, there stood Morgan, her tongue licking the glass as she stated at Nina with a giant grin on her face.

It's funny how all her pent up frustration can be disseminated in a matter of seconds - instead, at the sight of Tony's mini-me, Nina feels her insides melt into a puddle of sunshine and rainbows - multiplied tenfold when the small girls rushes past the doors, two arms stretched out as she huddled over to the older girl.