fifteen. new rules

PETER PARKER HATED NINA VIOTTO

Well, maybe hatred was a bit too far. But he really, really disliked her ever since he spent nine hours stuck with her in a bunker. He doesn't know why but something about the way Nina walked, talked, and breathed just annoyed the fuck out of him - it wasn't like this before, but it was more prominent than ever.

But why was he thinking of her as he thought of ways on how to ask out the person he's had the longest crush on ever since he could remember and also happens to be her best friend?

"Ooh!" Ned exclaimed, "What about a flash mob?"

"Ned, that's a terrible idea." Peter deadpanned, looking out the window of his room. Skipping patrol of the way was something that he wasn't planning to do, but he realize that he had a lot to catch up on at school especially after he sort of ditched it for his Spider-Man duties.

It had been two days since that night in the alley, and to his confusion, two days since he had seen Nina. The girl wasn't roaming around Queens the other day and he hasn't seen her with Liz or Betty in their usual spot at lunch for two days now.

He wasn't worried. He'll never be worried because it's Nina and he hates her, but he's confused.

The sound of Ned's voice or the T.V playing doesn't coax him back into reality - he's there, in his small bubble, wondering why the annoying girl had suddenly disappeared off the face of the earth. She did seem pretty worried the night he met her at that abandoned alley, saying something about her boss killing her and—

Oh god.

The fact that that was the most terrified he'd ever seen Nina should've been a clear answer: oh fuck, what if she was dead? His mind immediately flashes to that night at the bunker, all those things she'd written to him in confidentiality (it's still in his notebook in the bottom of his worn-out bag) but his mind is still trying to decipher whether the girl was telling the truth or not.

A few days after the incident, he thought that Nina was lying. But his mind flashes to her terrified expression a night ago, the panic in her voice, her dozing off into a completely different reality... What if Nina was dead? Lying down in a ditch? What if he had—

"Peter!"

"Hm?" The boy turns back to his best friend, holding down his knee to stop it from bouncing up and down.

"I asked if you and Mendax should consider being... a superhero team. Partners. That would be so cool!" Ned gushed, making Peter wonder how long he had been spacing that the conversation had shifted from Liz to Nina's much meaner alter ego in a matter of seconds. "Are you guys friends or something?"

Peter let himself chuckle helplessly at the assumption. If only Ned knew.

Ned, however, takes the gesture for something entirely different. "You two are a thing, are you? I have a million questions - one, is she your age because that would definitely be creepy if you're dating a twenty-one-year-old—"