fourteen. ashes to ashes

THE MOMENT THAT THANOS CAME, NINA KNEW

THE MOMENT THAT THANOS CAME, NINA KNEW. She just knew. It was the way that the atmosphere shifted into something darker, more sinister. How in every footstep the Man Titan took, she could feel her chest hammering in pure, unmatched nervousness.

Not even Peter was distracting her. Not the soft touch of his lips, the memory of it against hers, his soft brown hair, or his wonky brows - all of those qualities that had attracted her so much were doing nothing to calm her nerves.

As she hid by her spot as Strange and Thanos spoke, that nervousness slowly, gradually rolled ff into something else - anger. She wasn't near enough to hear everything crystal clear, but she was near enough that she could hear the reasonings the Madman had explained for his decision to murder half of the universe, and it was pissing her off, to say the least.

From the corner of her eye, Nina peeked upwards to see Tony silently positioning himself over one of the floating parts of the broken spaceship; and he was there... waiting, anticipating for the keyword they had all agreed upon for Strange to utter.

When the word our left his lips, Tony went flying down, pushing the heavy scap against the Titan with a bang.

"Piece of cake, Quill," Tony yells smugly.

"Yeah, if your goal was to piss him off!"

With deep breaths, Nina's eyes glow a bright white - and there, appearing in her nimble fingers is a Muramasa Blade. It was bright red in color, scarier, and way more intimidating than Nina had ever imagined: Nikaia had once told her that this was the only thing on Earth that could truly kill her.

When she's ready to jump into the fight, the wreckage on top of Thanos suddenly erupts, the pieces glowing with purple. He lets out a strangled cry, which was one of the most terrifying things Nina has ever heard as he uses the Power Stone to force the pieces at Tony. They turn into birds, out of all things, leaving him in his own small battle against the animals.

When Peter comes flying out of his hiding place and webs his eyes, swinging in and kicking him in the face, Nina is already beneath the mad Titan, (whose probably three times her size) swinging the blade and plunging it deep against his thigh. Drax was beside her, focusing on his feet, but Nina decided to target all the areas wherein there was no armor that protected him.

Then Strange summons a blade, but Thanos stops it with his hand and tears the web from his eyes.

Drax is attempting to hit his arms. Strange is fighting against Thanos face to face with his sword. Nina slashes his thigh again and again and again until she finally sees blood staining his pants, ducking and rolling around the ground, just like Illiana had thought of her as a kid, avoiding Thanos' every attempt to catch her.

Nina was almost like a fox, after all. Quick and efficient.

When Thanos somehow realizes that Nina was just there, almost like a parasite hurting him slowly, he decides to focus on what's important at the very moment - once he gets rid of Drax, he advances on Strange and kicks him just as Strange summons a shield, absorbing the force of his blow, but knocking him back.