two. the strip spot

"I LIKE THE WAY YOU SMELL," Matt mumbled into her shoulder, tightening his arms around her middle, desperate not to break contact because it meant Nina would be going home

He always liked how she smelt. An odd thing to admire out of her, really, but he didn't care. Somehow, she always smells like a slice of ripe freshly cut peach that has just been picked from a tree, combined with the slightest bit of vanilla: sweet, nuzzleable and delectably comforting.

The girl chuckled just the slightest, grinning back at him. "Thank you?" She sounded confused though there was a hint of teasing in her voice. In all honesty, she was not quite sure if it was a compliment or not.

"You guys are disgusting."

Nina chuckled at the tan girl, mind wandering off into... someone so her cheeks would heat up and give the impression that she was blushing at the fact that the two of them got caught. While Matty coughed relentlessly, pretending to text someone on his phone, the girl decided to tease her friend, "You're jealous because you're sad and alone, Alaska."

Alaska pretended to stick her finger in her tongue before letting out an over-dramatic gag, "I'd rather die."

"Keep telling yourself that. I see the way you look at Flash even after telling you numerous times how much of a dick he is." Nina mumbled, opening her locker to stash all her books inside despite the fact that she needed them for her chem quiz the next day. "Seriously. I don't know what you see in him. You're the hottest girl I know and Thompson is nowhere near your radar."

"I'm gonna... I'm gonna go." Matt mumbled awkwardly, lips pursing in a tight smile directed directly at Alaska - filled with awkwardness and unease. Their parents enrolled the two of them at Midtown at the same time due to the fact that they grew up next to each other - yet, Matt acted like they didn't know each other whenever they were out. Maybe because he's shy.

"Bye," Nina smiled softly, feeling a pair of eyes burning behind her neck as she squeezed his hand - waving towards the boy who had begun to walk out of the campus.

"I think Parker has a thing for your boyfriend," Alaska whistled teasingly, nudging her shoulder once the boy had left their sight. "Look at him. He looks like he wants to kill you. Or hurt you. I dunno, really."

Again? What the fuck is his problem?  Her lips curved into a scowl as she turned around and took in the sight of Peter Parker - his brown hair a mess, the sleeves of his longsleeved shirt pushed haphazardly up above his elbows... staring at her with something in his eyes that she couldn't place.

Staring had become their only form of communication, since again, Nina was trying to avoid him - but Peter was doing it excessively now. Does he want something? Did I do something?

It was a contest of sorts and winning came at a price. Peter wouldn't look at her so much as though her head was transparent and he was fascinated by an object two inches behind her skull.