ten. you're stuck in my head

FOR A FEW MINUTES, NINA IS STUNNED

FOR A FEW MINUTES, NINA IS STUNNED. Sure, she pretends like she has her shit all together as the two of them wonder through the large interior of the ship, walking over towards Tony and the wizard, but in reality, her heartbeat was beating erratically against her chest and she was absolutely incredibly stunned.

Not only stunned that she let that kiss happen, but stunned that, despite her words, no bone in her body regretted it at all.

Was it a stupid decision? Yes. Was it careless, getting distracted at the intimate sensation of Peter tucking her hair behind her ear? Also yes.

But did she regret it? Fuck no.

"Found him," Peter says after a few minutes of mindlessly walking around the ship, pointing over towards the lower floor of the ship wherein they see the older man, talking to a cape like a madman. It almost makes Nina chuckle - the sight of eccentric billionaire Tony Stark talking to an inanimate object was a bit hilarious.

"So," the boy turns around at the sound of her voice, "Since our asses are probably dead if he finds out we're here, we need to decide who..."

Peter blinks at the curve of Nina's lips, brain not even attempting to register the words coming out of her mouth as he stares at the permanent pout itched on her face. Peter thinks that maybe he should be upset at Nina for doing what she did best - run away form her feelings - but ultimately, he feels kind of cheeky.

"Yeah, sure." he mumbles absentmindedly,

"You'll do it?" Nina's eyes light up slightly, voice a little high pitched, which makes her clear her throat. "You'll do it. You'll break the news that we decided to come back here to Tony," she repeats, and this time, she makes sure that her tone is low.

"Sure," he attempts to sound nonchalant while his brain inwardly curses himself for getting so distracted that he basically sent himself into a death sentence. The mask forms on his face instantly - something he has yet to be used to, as he quietly sticks a web up the ceiling, balancing on the white solution as he glances back at Nina one last time. "Mr. Stark loves me."

Nina snorts, knowing well that Tony loves her more, but does nothing to contradict Peter's sentence, instead, watches the boy zoom down to where the billionaire is standing.

She stifles a laugh when she distantly hears Peter stuttering from where she is standing, accompanied with Tony's very pissed off voice.

When she flies down next to the two boys, a part of Nina is relived that she's there to save Peter's ass before he could fuck things up even more, "—and this suit is ridiculously intuitive by the way, so if anything, it's kinda your fault that I'm here."

"You," Tony is no longer showing the boy any attention now that the spotlight is turned on Nina - whose helmet disappears into her suit, much like Peter's. "You. I expected better judgement from you. Not only do you completely disobey my orders—"