fourteen. the history of you

TO LIE LIKE A PRO, there are a few things to remember; maintain your baseline

TO LIE LIKE A PRO, there are a few things to remember; maintain your baseline. Stay calm. Don't swallow hard— swallowing hard is a dead giveaway. Breathe normally. Don't touch your skin. Lean in. Don't shorten the syntax of words. Try not to sweat.

Nina was an amazing liar, and being in the presence of Tony Stark didn't change that.

"I don't know... I couldn't remember it because of my date with Black Widow. I'm exhausted and tired so please don't fuck with me right now. I don't care who you are. Thanks." Nina rolls her eyes, pretending to roll her eyes in annoyance despite the constant hammering in her chest - how the fuck did Tony Stark know? Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit.

His eyes widen, obviously not used to being addressed in such a brute manner especially since he was easily one of the most influential people to ever exist in the plant, not to mention that she was a teenage girl.

"Jesus... kids these days," the billionaire rolls his eyes, hand slamming into the emergency stop button which forces the elevator to stop with a halt. Nina had always been proud of occupying the top floor with her family, but now that she's stuck in an elevator with one of the people she hated the most made her rethink that.

"I wasn't here to smite you, the circumstances have made me change my decision." The older man reaches into his pocket to grab something, which immediately sets off all the alarms in Nina's head - fight or flight rushing through her.

She chooses to fight.

For a split second, in the midst of her panicked concentration, Tony's eyes glow a bright, milky white. And in that millisecond that his brain goes hazy, he grabs the device in his front pocket, slapping it against Nina's mouth. The unnatural color disappears, Nina's fist clenching in horror when a weird device expands and covers her mouth, stopping her from talking.

FUCK,  FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FU-

"Spider-Man is actually the timidest kid I've ever handled," he begins talking, ignoring how Nina's desperate attempts to remove the guard on her mouth preventing her from speaking. "Now imagine my surprise when I see his suit videos complaining about you to his A.I for two hours straight. Never even knew that the kid could curse."

Of course, it was Peter Parker's fault. She should have known.

"I couldn't care less. Thought he was going through teenage angst bullshit, y'know?" he looks at her for validation but is only met with the girl clawing on the device. Jesus, she never gives up. "Then he mentions something about you trying to murder him, so I ran through some footage."

He flips his phone, and low and behold, there goes Nina, fighting what she assumed to be Peter since it was filmed in his point of view. Nunchucks swinging on his collarbone, Nina falling a few feet away - this was from the night she met him as Spider-Man.