seven. next tony stark

"GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

"GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN." Despite the terrible tribute handcrafted with stock images and heavily edited photos, Nina couldn't help but feel that terrible pang in her chest as she watched the tribute dedicated to Captain America, Black Widow, Iron Man, and Vision.

It was still weird - no matter how long it's been since everything happened. To think that Steve - who had brought her home after the battle in the compound and engaged in short conversation with her was now gone, just like that. Vision, who had been her confidant for a year, who helped her grow past the trauma of Illiana was gone. Tony, who had literally flipped her life upside down was gone, dead, and had lost his life right in front of her. She hadn't even gotten the chance to meet Natasha before she too, had died.

The sandwich she was eating — courtesy of Peter, who had started bringing her one every single morning after she had offhandedly mentioned wanting to get it every single day for the rest of her life — suddenly didn't taste very good. There was a sick feeling her stomach as she recalled the pictures of the three heroes - her chest beginning to tighten and her throat going dry.

"What time should we be at the charity dinner?" Nina quickly changes the subject, shoving down her guilt at the bottom of her stomach. It was the last day of school, anyway. This was the last tribute she'd see for a bit.

Peter, who had noticed her discomfort, tried to comfort her with that charming smile of his. "Are you sure you wanna go? I can just tell Aunt May that—"

"I do," Nina interrupts him, taking another bite of her #4, trying to fight through the bile that was threatening to get out.

"We can head over right when patrol ends," the boy tells her, feeling multiple eyes on him - it's something he's gotten used to over the past few days, when the girl willingly removed the distance between the two of them and got closer to him: which was great especially since he took Druig's assigned job very seriously.

"All right. I'll see you after class."

Nina looks at her left, then at her right, making sure that no one saw the two of them interacting, before she squeezes his warm hand goodbye, running over to AP History.

Cheeks tinted a bright red, Peter runs over towards his AP Chemistry classroom - overly excited to talk to Ned; it was the last day of school, so they weren't really doing anything since the exams were done - and he needed to get the plan out of his system.

"I have a plan!" Peter announced excitedly as he sat in front of his best friend, left finger wrapped around his right hand - the hand that Nina had touched. "Okay, first, I'm gonna sit next to Nina on the flight."

Ned makes a non-committal sound, not yet understanding why exactly Peter was so infatuated with the girl; cause she was a bitch to him. "Mmm."

"Second, I'm gonna buy a dual-headphone adapter and watch movies with her the whole time. She told me that her favorite movie is Gone Girl, so hopefully, they have that."