eight. you'll die a virgin

Nina instantly felt a dump of adrenaline through her body as it prepared to either fight or flee

Nina instantly felt a dump of adrenaline through her body as it prepared to either fight or flee. Before she had a chance to act on any instincts, most that were telling her to run, the girl uses her head.

She's been too emotional as it is. Ever since she was a child, Illiana always thought of her one thing and one thing only: never use your heat, use your brain. Following one's heart is about intuition, which sometimes conflicts with the messages we receive about the importance of making rational decisions. When we use our heads, we get the job done without trouble, so why follow a fluctuating thing like the heart?

Don't look at him, the logical side of her brain commands her sternly, if you look at him, it would confirm his suspicions. Pretend you didn't hear him.

"I— uh, Mendax?" The voice yells out again, this time louder than the first. Nina, who was about to sprint towards the trucks turned around, eyes widening at the sight in front of her.

Spider-Man.

Spider-Man knew who she was.

So that only meant one thing - there was a fifty-fifty percent chance she knew who Spider-Man was. But that was the thing; Nina barely paid attention to the people who didn't pique her interest.

But that wasn't the problem right now - Nina needed to focus on how she was supposed to chase after the flying vulture guy unless she wanted to see her mother pissed at her once more.

"Swing me over to the flying Vulture guy." It's her only plausible action at the moment, seeing that she wasn't as fast as those trucks and she didn't have any sort of super strength to back her up. When Nina feels a twinge of disgust running through her body when she latches on the boy, she just wants the whole thing to be over.

When Nina focuses her senses, a calmness surrounds Spider-Man that was starting to grow all too familiar.

There must be a reason why he's so eager to swing towards the truck with the girl latched on his shoulder, but he doesn't remember it. He doesn't know why he's swinging the girl who's tried to murder him multiple times, but he is.

Nina, on the other hand, latches onto the boy tighter as he swings her over to the truck. The concentration she's holding that connects the two of their brains instantly ceases mid-swing due to the fact that the girl was still losing her shit over the fact that someone knew her identity, but Spider-Man doesn't let her go. In fact, he holds her tighter as the flying man jumps into a make-shift portal.

"So what the fuck is your game plan— shit— now?" Nina yells now that the man is out of sight. This is why the girl preferred to work alone; if you work with someone, you need to communicate, compromise, and do that with the man who annoyed her the most out of the planet. Not to mention that time wasn't on their hands, and he could easily jump out of the pink portal to kill both of them.