Part Three

"If someone hands you a crying baby, do you A: curse it? B: lock it in a tower? C: give it a bottle? Or D: carve out its hart?" Fairy Godmother asked.

Evie raised her hand enthusiastically.

"Evie," Fairy Godmother said, pointing at her with a long stick.

"What was the second one?" Evie asked, proceeding to play with a strand of her hair.

"Oh, okay-any one else?" Fairy Godmother asked, looking around the room.

Eleanor raised her hand quickly.

"Eleanor," Fairy Godmother called.

"C: give it a bottle." She answered, making their teacher smile.

"Correct, again."

"You are on fire, girl!" Carlos said, patting her shoulder.

Fairy Godmother had put Eleanor in between Carlos and Jay to stop them from fighting. And of course she picked Eleanor.

"She's just picking the one that doesn't sound like any fun." Mal stated, sounding unimpressed.

"That makes so much sense." Evie said happily.

Eleanor sighed and looked back at Fairy Godmother. Before she could continue with the lesson, the door opened and two girls walked in.

"It's fine, Jane, come on." A perky voice said from behind the desks.

All of them watched as two girls walked past. One who Eleanor assumed was Jane, squeaking like a distressed bird.

"You need to sign an early dismissal for the Coronation." Jane said, handing Fairy Godmother a clipboard while looking over her shoulder at the VK's.

"You all remember my daughter, Jane." Fairy godmother said.

"Mom!" Jane squeaked quietly.

"And this is Gabrielle," Fairy Godmother said, grabbing the other girl by the shoulders.

She had long blond hair, and her outfit was all pink. Eleanor took note of the pink flower clipped in her hair.

"Daughter of The Good Witch Of The North, Glinda." Fairy Godmother finished, holding eye contact with Eleanor for a little longer than the green girl would prefer.

Eleanor looked down, letting her witch hat cover her face.

She didn't notice Gabriela looking at her, seeing her green hand holding the brim of her witch hat and wishing she wasn't covering her face, making a silent promise to introduce herself to her later.

When Eleanor heard the door close she looked back up at Fairy Godmother. Fiddling with her pencil, she watched Fairy Godmother continue the lesson.

After a couple minutes of peaceful silence, Jay began to fight Carlos. He had made the mistake of trying to beet Jay to answer a question.

Eleanor scooted her chair back slightly, not wanting to be caught in the crossfire.

As Jay wrestled Carlos onto the desk, Carlos kicked Eleanor in the stomach (accidentally) making her fall backwards onto the floor.

Wonderful start to the day.

*later that same day...

"Bennie boo, they're bad news." Audrey said, complaining to Ben.

Eleanor and Mal were standing close by at their lockers.

(By the way, Eleanor wears the same kind of outfit Elphaba does in act one. Glasses, long dress, you know the drill. Except she wears her hair in two french braids, and a witch hat in place of a beanie.)