Part Nine

When Gabriela finally made it back to the dorms after taking the long way to fume silently, she found that Jay had made Eleanor sit down, actively feeling her forehead to see if she had a fever. Laney, on the other hand, was standing nervously, shifting her weight back and forth.

"Jay," Eleanor said finally, gently pushing the boys hand away, "I'm fine."

"Gabriela," Laney greeted anxiously, urging the blonde into the room.

Gabriela locked the door with slightly shaky hands, gently leading Laney over to where Eleanor and Jay were sitting.

Laney hesitantly sat down on one of the four stools Jay had pulled out(Jay also insisted on putting a hand behind Eleanor's back in case she still felt faint).

"You have the floor," Gabriela told Laney, the usual pep in her tone noticeably distant.

Laney took a deep breath, "First, you need to tell us what's been going on with you, Eleanor."

"For the last time, I'm fine!" Eleanor exclaimed, directing her annoyance at Gabriela.

"Ella, is this about..." Jay started, but stopped quickly, glancing at Gabriela and Laney.

Gabriela noticed Eleanor's cheeks going greener than usual, meaning she was blushing.

"No." Eleanor said defiantly, refusing to look at Jay and messing with her ring.

"Why did you go to the Isle?" Jay asked, trying to distract from the moments prior.

"How do you know?" Eleanor questioned, her head whipping up.

"You did what?" Gabriela asked accusingly.

"You left the remote in the wrong place." Jay answered with a slight smirk, proud of his wits.

Eleanor took a long time to answer, "I wanted to see if the Grimmery was safe." She said, fidgeting.

Jay knew this was a lie simply by the tone of Eleanor's voice, but decided not to push the subject.

"Madam Morrible is planing something," Laney stated, wanting to break the uncomfortable silence, "and Maize, Lizzy, and Izzy are helping her; I overheard their conversation."

"What did you overhear, exactly?" Eleanor asked, worry evident in her tone.

"Maize told Madam Morrible you were looking up something about dreams in the library," Laney stated, still shifting.

"But they weren't in the library with me. No one was there with me..." Eleanor said, but trailed off, pushing her glasses back up her nose, her eyebrows furrowed, "Except for Dorian."

Gabriela started, looking to Jay and Laney, seeing Jay clench his fists and Laney shake her head with dawning apprehension.

"Dorian wouldn't help Madam Morrible!" Gabriela half-yelled defensively, trying not to imagine the alternative.

"Oh yeah," Jay scoffed, "Because he's been such a stand up guy!" He exclaimed with rare annoyance.

"Maybe he doesn't know what he's doing," Laney suggested, trying to keep the peace.

"No!" Gabriela yelled, standing up, "He would tell Ben if Madam Morrible was being suspicious! He'd tell me!"

"Gabriela, this could all be a mistake!" Laney said, trying to pull the blonde back down.

"Why don't we go ask him?" Jay said, jumping up from his seat.

"Everyone be quiet!" Eleanor yelled suddenly, her eyes closed tightly.