Part Eight

"Eleanor!" Ben called, catching her attention as he ran down the hallway, Dorian close on his heals.

"Hi, Ben." Eleanor greeted as the two boys came to a halt in front of her, "And Dorian," she added as an afterthought.

Ben put an arm over Eleanor's shoulders, waited a moment to make sure she was okay with it, and started leading her in the opposite direction, "I just needed to talk to you for a moment," he explained.

"About?" Eleanor asked cautiously, watching as Dorian got on the other side of her, as though scared she might run off. As if I could outrun him, She thought.

"About Madam Morrible's class," Ben stated, slightly tightening his grip on her-not as though he was trying to keep her there, but more as an encouraging squeeze.

Eleanor tried not to give any outward show if annoyance(Dorian was watching quite closely for one).

Dorian nocked on Fairy Godmother's office door and opened it for the other two, allowing them to walk past him before heading in himself.

Eleanor smiled awkwardly at Fairy Godmother before her eyes landed on Madam Morrible. Gabriela was there, too, sitting awkwardly next to Madam Morrible at the desk.

Ben gestured for Eleanor to sit before going to stand behind the desk, and Dorian not-so-gently pushed Eleanor down into her assigned chair next to Gabriela's, keeping his hand on her shoulder.

"Welcome, " Fairy Godmother greeted sweetly, "neither of you are in any sort of trouble,"-as she said this, her eyes lingered on Eleanor-"I just wanted to discuss your treatment of Madam Morrible."

Eleanor nearly laughed, biting her lip. Gabriela looked annoyed on behalf of Eleanor, her eyebrows slightly furrowed.

Fairy Godmother then addressed Eleanor directly, "It's come to my attention that you've argued and raised your voice at Madam Morrible. She's your teacher, your role model, it's important to treat her with the respect she deserves."

Eleanor tried to stand up from her seat, but Dorian pushed her back down almost immediately; she glared up at him, making him smile insincerely and scrunch his nose in return.

"What is it exactly that you want me to do?" Eleanor questioned Fairy Godmother smartly, making Dorian sigh.

"I only ask for an apology, my dear," Madam Morrible cut in, giving Eleanor a falsely hurt look.

The green girl turned back to Fairy Godmother, "No." she said simply, obviously wishing she could emphasize with profanity.

"Eleanor, just say you're sorry," Ben said in a surprisingly gentle tone.

"Isn't lying to her face a larger sign of disrespect?" Eleanor questioned, surprising Ben.

"Miss Eleanor, this time-" Fairy Godmother started, sounding scandalized.

"This time? The last time was an exaggeration of a simple correction! I'm not sorry for this time so I certainly won't apologize for something I didn't say!" Eleanor snapped, not noticing the small smirk on Madam Morrible's face, unlike Gabriela.

"Eleanor!" Dorian exclaimed, squeezing her shoulder and looking to Ben for backup.

"Did she even tell you what the argument was about?" Eleanor asked Ben, ignoring Dorian.

"That's beside the point, nothing warrants the disrespect of a teacher." Fairy Godmother stated before Ben could answer; though Ben now looked unsure of himself.

"Your Majesty, surely now you can see how unstable this girl is." Madam Morrible cut in  once again, false concern dripping in her tone.

"Unstable?" Gabriela repeated, standing up with her hands balled in fists, "Ben, what is she talking about?"