Part Twenty Two

"Just ask her!" Evie insisted, grabbing Eleanor's shoulders and shaking her slightly.

"She isn't even talking to Dorian, she wouldn't say yes." Mal added, making Evie nod aggressively.

"Are you sure?" Eleanor asked unsurely, holding a book tight to her chest.

Evie and Mal both looked over her shoulder, neither being able to hide their smiles. Eleanor wiped her head around; Gabriela smiled and waved at her. Eleanor quickly turned back to her friends, Gabriela getting a confused expression.

"You've got this!" Evie whispered encouragingly, Mal nodding.

"No I don't, I'm unprepared-"

"Ellie!" Gabriela exclaimed happily from behind her, "and Evie, and Mal." The blonde addressed, a bit of confusion passing over her.

The two girls waved. Eleanor turned on her heals to face her, her friends watching closely.

"Hi," Eleanor said, waving her hand in a robotic motion.

"I have something to ask you."

"I have something to tell you."

The two spoke in unison, looking at each other in silent confusion for a good couple seconds.

"You go first." Gabriela insisted, playing with a strand of her blonde hair.

"No, you go first!" Eleanor responded with an awkward sweetness in her voice, making Evie face palm behind her.

"Are you sure?" Gabriela asked, Eleanor nodding her head quickly.

Gabriela jumped up and down slightly, "Dorian and I are going to the dance together!"

Eleanor stayed silent as Gabriela continued, "We used to date for a while, he would always say, 'you're perfect, I'm perfect; so we're perfect together' isn't that sweet!"

Gabriela stopped when she noticed how quiet Eleanor was, "Are you okay?"

"Oh-uh, yeah. That's great!" Eleanor responded, trying her best to sound exited.

"It is, isn't it," Gabriela said, sighing happily as she grabbed Eleanor's hands, "I have class, I'll meet you in our dorm room later."

With that, Gabriela ran off with a skip in her step.

Eleanor turned back around to Evie and Mal.

"Ella..." Evie started sadly, but wasn't quite sure what to say.

"Yeah, wonderful." Eleanor stated, hurt laced in her voice.

All Evie and Mal could do was watch her walk to her next class, her witch hat covering her face so you couldn't see the light tears that burned her skin.

***

Eleanor sat in a purple chair, watching Evie make final touch ups on Mal's dress.

"E, I think it's good." Mal said with a laugh.

Evie took one last look at her dress before doing a sort of Chef's kiss motion.

"It looks great, you two have fun," Eleanor said, pushing her glasses back up her nose.

She didn't say it, but Evie and Mal both knew she didn't think she could stand seeing Gabriela and Dorian together; on a date.

"Ella, you are going." Evie insisted, "speaking of which..."

As Evie trailed of she walked over to a table, picking up a pair of shoes made specifically for Eleanor.

"They'll suit you perfectly." Evie announced, holding them up with one hand and gesturing to them with her other.

Eleanor took one look at them before making a comment, "Really?"

"Go put on your dress, I'll put on mine, and we can head out together; and yes, you're wearing the shoes." Evie said, setting down the shoes to grab Eleanor's dress, handing it to her neatly. 

Eleanor was about to protest but stopped short, "Fine."

***

"Evie, it's not the end of the world if I have a single fly-away." Eleanor commented, sitting uncomfortably as her friend did her hair.

"I'm almost done," Evie said thoughtfully, spraying Eleanor's hair with a bunch of hairspray.

Ben had come to pick up Mal, the two needing to get there a bit earlier, leaving the two girls alone.

"And...done!" Evie announced, pulling her friend up from her seat.

She then held her in front of a mirror, putting an arm over her shoulders.

"What do you think?" Evie asked with excitement in her voice.

Eleanor looked at her reflection for the first time sense she put on her dress and shoes. Evie had pulled her hair back into one long and neat French braid that reached over half way down her back; she hadn't been forced to wear makeup, her glasses resting on her face. Her dress was a dark blue, the neckline was high and the skirt reached a bit below her knees. The dress also had a matching navy blue jacked with silver accents and buttons. Her legs were warm with tights covering them; and lastly, silver lace-up marry janes on her feet.

"It's perfect." Eleanor said after a long moment.

Evie smiled and hugged her tightly, "I hoped you'd say that-you look beautiful."

"Oh, Evie, we have to go!" Eleanor said quickly, glancing over at the clock.

She started to walk out but Evie stopped her, "Wait, one more thing!" she exclaimed.

Eleanor stopped by the door, watching Evie look for something.

She had assumed she was looking for some extra makeup or hair pins, maybe a hand bag she wanted to carry, but instead she grabbed something Eleanor hadn't expected.

"My hat?" Eleanor questioned, pointing to the often insulted headwear.

Evie placed it on her green friends head, making sure it was perfectly straight, "There, now it's perfect."

I'm Not WickedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara