Part Eight

"So, my dear," Madam Morrible started, "what dreadful lies has your mother told of me?"

"Sorry?" Eleanor asked, a confused look on her face.

Madam Morrible ignored her comment, "You know, she was my best student back at Shiz. Before...you already know the story,"

At this point, Eleanor was starting to lose her temper. She'd always had a pretty short one.

"I'm sorry, dear," Madam Morrible said through fake sobs, "I'm just disappointed in the path she chose-"

"Don't talk bad about my mother, you murderer!" Eleanor yelled at her, ripping out of her grasp.

She looked around for the first time in a while and realized they where in a different part of the garden, with tall bushes all around them.

Madam Morrible looked surprised but quickly shook it off. She smiled slightly, like nothing had happened.

They were both unaware that Glinda was hiding in the bushes, waiting for the right time to interfere.

Eleanor looked at Madam Morrible with confusion. The woman started to speak once again, at this moment Glinda decided to interrupt.

"Madam Morrible!" Glinda called out.

She was holding her dress up in the front, waving her other hand in the air.

"Galinda," Madam Morrible put on a smile. (A fake one, but a smile nonetheless.) "Your Goodness."

She gave a small curtsy and Glinda did the same.

"Oh, Madam, I go by 'Glinda' now." Glinda corrected, now looking at Eleanor.

She looks just like Elphie, Glinda thought.

"May I barrow Eleanor?" Glinda asked, getting back on track.

She already knew her name: you can thank Gabriela for that. Eleanor looked at Glinda hopefully.

"Of course, your Goodness." Madam Morrible said, trying to hide the venom in her voice.

She dipped into a small curtsy once more and walked off.

Eleanor let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding. She turned to Glinda and thought about the proper way to address her(it's awkward meeting your parents best friend).

"Thank you, your, um, Goodness." She said, dipping into a clumsy curtsy.

"Oh, sweet Oz!" Glinda said, sounding relieved, "I'm so glad you're alright."

Glinda took a minute to gather her thoughts.

After she gathered her wits and began speaking with Eleanor, It was a pleasant walk throughout the garden. At least until Eleanor asked a question that startled Glinda.

"If you don't mind me asking," Eleanor began, still unsure if she wanted ask it, "why did you let it happen?"

"Let what happened?" Glinda asked, confused.

She stopped walking and looked at the girl.

"Never mind." Eleanor said quickly.

She began walking again, faster than before. Glinda walked faster as well, getting a sneaking feeling she knew what Eleanor had meant.

Eleanor sat down on a nearby bench, her head turned to the ground.

Glinda sat down next to her. She started slightly rubbing her back. Eleanor started fiddling with her emerald ring.

"You should be getting back to your friends soon," Glinda said in a sweet voice, "You could get some dancing in."

"I don't dance." Eleanor said, her words muffled.

"Oh, Elp-" Glinda stopped for a moment,"Ellie, I'm sure you'll do great."

With that, Glinda walked off.

Eleanor eventually went back to the party. Much to Dorians annoyance.

She just wanted the party to be over, but alas, it had just begun.